Important note: engine not related to MembersPage/Norbitron/Audina
I assembled my new board into a motronic box with motronic55 connector.
I think this pinout is ok from Econoseal to Motronic55. This harness from S4 AAN.
I tried to connect my ECU to the PC but ...
- Found the problem: serial port is wrong (it doesn't want to communicate anything, i don't know why)
- I bought an rs232->usb converter. With that the ECU can connect to my computer.
- I am not sure that the serial port was wrong. When i tried the usb-serial converter i just connected the ECU and i didnt test it.
- test the serial port with terminalprogram and loopback wire (and measure voltages to include in any report)
- When i would try to connect the vemstune it's write me " ECU not connected" and the vemstune freezes
- when VemsTune freezes when opening the port, it's actually the windows driver that freezes (unfortunately usb-rs232 drivers often freeze, especially from Prolific)
- instead of "Detect", see "Device manager" and select the actual comm-port you have connected. This can avoid wasting time and running into windows and device problems and delays when opening unrelated serial devices (like GPS/bluetooth phone/GSM/etc...)
- you can check for "electric contact problem" but the root cause is usually a windows driver problem (in linux the same HW just requires a reopen and works, in windows the user usually has to pull the USB). However the windows-driver tends to freeze more if the usb-serial chip resets (often seen first when one starts to fire sparkplugs), so re-doing connections (with shielded cable) and stronger ground can also help
- prolific serial-usb driver (which prolific driver version? Tried some other/older/newer version ?)
- and vemstune latest version (it does not matter in this case but the word "latest" is not good in reports. Use exact date !)
In 99% of cases it's the prolific windows-driver problem that causes symptoms exactly like yours.
- if TerminalProgram also fails to communicate, than you know 100% that it's not VemsTune but windows-driver related:
- after closing VemsTune (if windows blocked the program too heavily, then kill it)
- in 19200,8n1 open port and type "SManmdV?"
- or use a pin2-pin3 loopback wire (or metal-contact, but carefully) on the DSUB9 connector, and see that it appears what you type
- while windows-serial drivers often freeze and block the program accessing it, the TCP driver is very stable: so if one cannot fix windows-serial-driver, avoiding it can be a good solution by using an external tool for serial => TCP: OverTCPWifiModule, OverTCPWireless
The vemstune version 0.10.80 (2011.11.15)
I tried 3 different driver version but it didnt want the true.
I installed 4th driver . (PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller?_v1417) wherewith it can connect. But its not 100% perfect. When disconnect the ecu it cant reconnect. One way to reconnect. close vemstune -> disconnect the usb connector and reconnect -> open the device manager, and i must to change the com ports number from com9 to comX. -> save the config. -> open the vemstune, -> add suply to ECU, detect ecu on comX port. it cant connect yet. -> supply off. in device manager the com ports number change back to com9. If i do it the ECU can connect. I think this driver not the best but i didnt find better. I think i will reinstall my Op.system.
- I reinstalled my op.system so it became perfect with v1417 driver.
My car: Audi 1.8 8V 90ps carburated with vacuum-hall ignition.
The plan to vems:
"New" 1.8 GTE 112ps cylinder head. It has a bigger valves, and ports with injectors.
V3.7 unassembled genboard. Firmware 1.1.96
MPX4250AP 250kPa MAP
4x20 green LCD
Primary Trigger HALL on cam, 4 window trigger and stock HALL sensor.
BOSCH Type PWM IDLE motor
4x 350ccm/4bar ~16ohm Bosch injector from S4 AAN
Home made harness
The sensors was tested and calibrated. The battery calibration value was 190.
I tried to connect the Launch to EC18/pin2 and Program switcher to EC18/pin3 .
- PLEASE describe exactly what was connected and how (only switching to ground is enough if the input has pullup, as mostly)
- I wanted to test it when the ECU changed offline just a moment. When online again the all value was wrong. I tried to recalibrate but the "battery calibration" value is 140 and every sensors value is exaggerated. Then the HALL sensors didn't want to work.
- Sounds like something was major was damaged...
I was taking these wiring when i assembled my ECU:
I used this wire when the ECU was failed.
First time i used left wire but it doesnt want to change the program. I found the right wire on the internet so i applied.
This problem came up with old Audi S4 AAN motronic harness. I checked the harness and i found some damaged cables. These cables were burn because to short (rövidre zárt). I think it caused by physicaly or senescence damage not bad wiring because it worked well and i tested it before damaged. I don't know why went to bad at the moment when i was trying to joint the switch button.
I think the board gone bad. Injector7 ch.64 onboardwire was burn, P259 doesn't work, every input value wrong or no signal and the calibration values are exaggerated and no rpm.
I would like to thanks the quick board repair.
I assembled the repaired board into a box and i connected to the new harness. It's working well but the engine doesn't run yet because i couldn't fixing the ignition timing with strobe.
The engine is running well but after the start about 15sec or when i change any value the ECU is go offline. I tried to two prolific driver but not changing. Is it possible the driver is badL?
I droped the prolific converter and i bought a new FTDI converter . It's working very well! This is: http://konverter.hu/termek-usb-rs232-interfesz-konverter-izolacio-nelkul-atc-810.html