Trigger for MembersPage/NanassyPeter project
Initially - distributor based ignition
- primary_trigger jumpered as HALL
- sensor must pull trig1 (EC36pin27) down to
- GND EC36pin26 (not GND5, obviously). A shielded cable is recommended, shield must be connected on one side only (preferrably ECM side)
- secondary_trigger already set up (for the final auditrigger configuration), but not used
config.ign_tdcdelay=78 (decimal 120 = 120 * 0.5 degree = 60 degree) or whatever you set the trigger position (55..80 crankdegrees BTDC recommmended)
My current standalone ECU (034efi) uses a shielded HALL signal wire.
do i need to use a shielded wire for VEMS too?If yes,how to wire it?
- primary_trigger=FF (=255 for rising edge) or FE (=254 for falling edge
In Megatune same values must be used (but in decimal; while in config we use hexadecimal)
(VR GND reference is EC36pin26)
- primary_trigger 135 cranktooth VR EC36pin27
- secondary_trigger 1 camtooth HALL EC36pin13
- secondary_trigger 1 cranktooth VR EC18pin12
The small jumpering (see below) must be made (remove the primary_trigger pullup resistor and move the primary_trigger jumper from HALL to VR)
Header for easy switch between primary_trig=HALL and 3 signal audi-trigger - from InputTrigger/AudiTrigger
For an assembled controller, one wants to avoid too many clamping/unclamping. (assemble/disassemble)
The alubos endplate is very easy to remove, unclamping is not needed. The trigger section can be reached for soldering or measuring with just the alubos endplate removed. However the onboard mounted MAP sensor makes it impossible to reach the connections.
- audi_header_pin1: primary_trigger connection (same as EC36pin27)
- audi_header_pin2: 5V
- audi_header_pin3: rail-point (for protecti
- audi_header_pin4: AVR primary-trigger input
- audi_header_pin5: trig1 LM1815 output
- for simple HALL setup:
- 2.7k .. 10k (pullup) resistor (easy to solder 0805 SMD) between pin1 and pin2. Not needed (but does not hurt) if the HALL sensor has internal pullup (most HALL sensors don't have this, they can only pull towards GND)
- close pin4 to pin3
- for Audi-trigger setup:
- remove any resistor between pin1 and pin2
- close pin4 to pin5
I will install a factory BMW (arghh) 60-2 trigger wheel to my crank pulley,and a factory Audi VR sensor.I think 90deg BTDC will be great.Got my coilpack today and just cant wait to see them running!