Now i will have a little time for upgrade the car.
I want to use a stock Audi Bosch Idle air valve,2 pin,cigerette style.
How to wire it?
- Stock idle air valve is pwm style. Connect other pin to +12V, other to free injector channel.
- Choose PWM/Stepper from idle settings, choose PWM type and correct idle solenoid channel under Iac hardware setup
- In idle control PWM reference table, fill in values 60 down to 30 linearly decreasing, these need some tuning but something to start
- try to check other idle setting from [this msq]
idle air solenoid - wired
I "manually" opened it with 12V, it cliks, so it's functional! I also measured its impedance: 4.1 ohm.
Pin1 to Ignition Switched +12V
Pin2 to EC36-pin6
I tried to set to PWM as discribed, and i choose INJFET #7.
- iac_sol_channel=0x70 (injfet 7 in MegaTune; you did this fine)
- EC36-pin6 mask is 0x40/64 as in (Inj G) GenBoard/Manual/DigitalOut/Table
- so set decimal 64 in 7th (starts from 0, so last) index of the inj sequence table, or expressed in tables.txt (as in mct):
- h=xx xx xx xx xx xx xx 40
I can measure 12V between Cylinder Head and "Pin1".
Ok , i set that h0 so it works now,but only in on/off IAC valve mode,it really pushes the engine from 900>>>to 1500 RPM.
I also tried different PWM freqvencies from 10-255,no luck.
Note,that i have taken special care of engine variables,set everethigh (temps,RPMs i mean) insane high,but with PWM its not working.ANY ideas?
My own answer
The Reference table was set to 1 (all CLTs) so the IAC valve was not able to produce me some RPM increase.
Now this rpoblem is solved,but i need some finetuning hints,and basically i want to understand how this feature works.
I want that with cold engine it starts like a champ,so i set the reference table
-40c to 90%
77c to 85%
i also want that the engine RPM below 40C set to 1200RPM,so
"Idle cold RPM" is 1200
Max temp. for cold idle speed is 40C
With warm engine 920RPM will do the job nicely
"Idle RPM warm engine" 920RPM
Min temp for warm RPM is 70C
- idle afterstart? adds to the target RPM for a short time after engine start (rev up a little). I usually start in gear (1 or reverse) and start the car (release clutch) right after starting the engine (the tires also need to warm up anyway so I don't warm it up in one place, but drive around - unwarmed oil, not at 6000 RPM, of course)
- now set to duration 15s
- added value 150RPM
- obsolete variable "afterstart steps per 160 RPM": 0 is OK (only exists before 1.0.34)
- IAC actuator speed? now set to 50
- iac_speed is the period (1 / frequency) for PWM. Any solenoid will like a certain range, and will not regulate nicely outside that range. I think the unit is 4 msec (and max range is 1..63) so 3..10 (12..40 msec) are most likely to work well.
- max steps to extend?
- now set to 255, reasonable for a solenoid. The stepper that's prevented to extend beyond say 240 steps, will lose ("skip") position if tried to extend beyond! This does not mean damage, but the ECM will think the stepper is at a different position, so the control will suffer
What i notoced is that tough the warm engine RPM was set to 920 and the engine CLT was above 70C ,and TPS was below 3% the engine current RPM was 1050, BUT THE IAC STILL SHOWD 6-8%DC.
Too low iac_integral_limit_dec ("iac integral decrease limit") together with PID values especially I value) didn't allow the iac to deviate enough below the reference position (10% for the given temp, if I understand right. Your published config contradicts this: iac_ref_pos=4D which is 30%, not 10%).
Btw, share the relevant part of your config when asking for advice.
Ok,sure i will share my config.The confusing part is caused by the manually closed throttle valve (it was opened too much for IACless operation!),so i had to give more reference position ,from10%>>>>30%,dont worry about it:).Tough the behaviour what i described is not affected by this,and the hints you gave me are very helpfull!
Do NOT duplicate questions, especially on the same page! Just touch the text or emphasize to call attention.
The Audi Inline 5 cyl. engines (all types) uses 2pin PWM solenoids,but the older ones (10valve) are much more restricted,so they flow less.I have a newer AAN engine but with the older IAC valve.Tough i think this wont alone cause any problem,i created another:).This valve has approx 20mm in and out connectors for air ,but unfortunately i had to reduce the hose from the IAC to Intake Manifold from diameter 20mm to diameter 8mm.
What i noticed during IAC tuning was that the valve dont have a smooth control range.There is of course a difference between 30 and 100%,but there are "blind" sections.This is explained maybe with the insane high freq i use (50) ( i tought it is real Hz),or maybe the resticted valve??
So first,i will set this to a reasonable 3..10 value,and start the whole tuning again.
Thanks for the instant support.