Toyota 24+1 trigger
The engine has two VR triggers, measure about 180-200 Ohms.
Are scope shots needed to setup trigger inputs for this trigger type?
Trigger wheels look like this :
When cutting teeth from such wheel, the tooth amplitude around the cut wheel becomes higher.
- It becomes difficult to get that setup right: R181 and R182 adaptive hysteresys threshold adjustment might become necessary. (or without adaptive hysteresys, noise becomes an issue at cranking)
- Cutting 2 opposite teeth is a bad idea
- cutting only 1 tooth or 2 neighbor teeth allows FULL sync when mounted on the cam
Fero usually asks standard v3 trigger-hw setup for 24+1:
- primtrig=VR (18k pullup to +5V)
- by default 1k pulldown and pin5=5V
- sometimes asks with 18k pullup (to +5V), pin5=open