Micke Westerlunds BMW E30 with BMW M50 turbo engine
Engine runs well and has been tuned very well for daily driving and up to 1.2 bar boost.
VEMS Genboard specification
1-wire interface: No
ignition drivers: 8
Knock and EGT: Knock and 2 EGT
LCD and PS2: Yes
MAP connection: 400 kPa on-board (5/3 mm pneumatic)
mounting-style: no screws
Power flyback: No
Complete stock harness was re-used with VEMS Genboard, Motronic connector cut off and Econoseal put in it's place.
- BMW M50, 24 valve non-VANOS, 6 cyl
- Custom exhaust manifold
- Custom intake manifold
- Stock bottom end
- Turbo is diesel Garrett GT40 (1.18 A/R turbine), 58/65 in/out
- 1000 cc low-Z injectors with 6.8 Ohm resistors and 30V TS diode, very good control!
- Stock COP system, passive coils fired directly by Genboard IGBTs
- Only primary trigger used, stock 60-2 wheel and sensor
- The stock knock sensor is not currently used.