The car is a BMW 325iX from 1989, chassis model is E30.
It has an AWD system built on viscous couplings in the rear diff and transfer case. Here is [an old picture of the car].
It's basically the same car as Gergely's BMW E30 325i: MembersPage/GergelyLezsak
I'm not sure when I'll get about to installing a Genboard on this car, but when I do I plan to make an install that looks factory.
Notes about fuel economy gauge
The stock fuel economy gauge (litres/km) is controlled by voltage:
- Gauge range is between 0 to 1.5 Volts
- I will update the page with a link to a picture of the gauge later.
- Can this be controlled some how using PWM on one output? I'd like to use this as a pressure gauge, preferrably for MAP.
- Available on most BMW cars with electronic fuel injection made in the 1980-1990 era, with Motronic 1.x and L-Jetronic.
Possible solutions using the Genboard:
- I think a simple softpwm control will be applied
- with wired (compile-time) selection of MAP for now, before the GenBoard/UnderDevelopment/DigitalInputs is implemented.
The fuel economy gauge can be controlled via PWM.
These are some approx values:
PWM Value: 0, 12, 14, 17, 19, 22, 26, 29, 32, 35, 38
Gauge Value: 0, 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8, 10, 11