We're investigating an engine setup
First we would want to confirm that trigger is 48+1 (unmodified LS1 with 24 tooth on crank without missing tooth), as on:
Pri and sec trig setup
- Both pri and sec trig edge are "Falling". Regular "coil type" with "LS1 forgiving" enabled for sec trig.
- Pri trig is (must be) falling edge to get evenly spaced teeth.
Triggerlog with simple coil-type
- Trigger setup as "trigger type = coil type" and "special trigger = normal" (no divbyN).
- [triggerlog] and [config]
- Startup attempt successful
- Needs some evaluation
- Handles free-revving fine, no trigger errors
- Timing was good at : TDC after the trigger 78, first trigger tooth 1.
- Why was this not working years ago without divbyN=2?
- Note : the car is 200 km away from me
Triggerlog with divbyN = 2
- Trigger setup as "trigger type = coil type" and "divbyN = 2".
- This has historically worked out fine on several engines, so the trigger configuration was not under scrutiny.
Triggerlogs and vemslog with engine running and having issues. Examples of cranking and idle, with "LS1 forgiving" both dis- and enabled.
Note about triggerlog capture below: auditrigger divby2 so the missing tooth might be "optical illusion" :