1) Looking to discover capabilities of the Gen3 Board, and how I can adapt it to provide fully sequential FI, coil per plug ignition, 1 wide band O2 Sensor per bank, 1 thermocouple per bank for exhaust temp and all the other features I've heard and read about. Vehicle: 6.0L V12 Jaguar, B/S=90mm x 78.5mm
2) Implement Extensive Engine/Transmission Information Center w/5" x 8" LCD Panel Display. - what transmission data do you have ? What interface does the transmission controller have ?
3) Implement rear mounted turbo set-up with variable boost
Your goals seem the same as mine, exept that I've only got 8 cylinders to worry about! Have a look at what I've done:
I'll help you where I can.
1) I have been through the manual several times and believe I am ready to order my Genboard V3. If I cannot find a sponsor/Mentor
with implementation experience, I will Buy a Wolf 3D+: It has 12 ignition drivers and 6 Injection Drivers and I can live with the system though the VEMS has more features.
- VEMS can drive up to 8 independant injectors and 8 independant coils. If you are happy with wasted spark and paired injection, then it'll work well. For my money, wasted spark is OK, and unless you can run fully sequential ignition as well, it's not worth going to the trouble of fitting a camsync sensor. (With wasted spark/paired injectors you just need a crank trigger)
2) I am not clear on how to integrate 2 units of Ford EDIS 6CYL. This would be wasted spark, with 2 x 3 Double ended Coil packs.
I have located 12 inexpensive coils w/driver off Geo Metro. This may be the best way to go.
3) my email is firstname.lastname@example.org I need a Mentor/Sponsor that has implementation experience
- ) Remember this is a V12. I require