Morris Mascot Turbo
I own an Mini(the old model) with a turbo mounted. I have decided to fit a GenBoard/VerThree to the car(I only want to use the ignition part of the V.3), to get better control over my ignition. I have concluded that I will use the coilpack and trigger from a Ford EDIS4 ignition system and not use the EDIS4 modul. I also want to drive with a knocksensor.
Following parts have been bought
- Assembled V3 controller
- EC36-wire, Ec18-wire.
- TPIC8101 (knock-kit)
- All the FETs and IGBTs are mounted, including 2 DPAK IGBTs on the extra-FET places.
- review pages around BuildProcedures/SectionThree even though most of the steps are done. You still want to do first powerup with a limiting resistor, just in case; and repeat tests, they never hurt.
- The controller is not screwed together so one can do final customizations if he wants (eg. connect LCD/keyboard which is optional).
- after clamping the FETs and IGBTs (take care the SILPAD sheet is laid smooth), verify with DVM that output of neighboring switches is not shorted (double-check for the IGBTs, at least the ones that are actually used in the installation). It's a good idea to use every other IGBT if there are enough (only use 1 of 2 neighbors): this is good for heat and makes it almost impossible to cause problem if 2 neighboring ones short because of a little leg-bending.
- there is a GenBoard/VerThree/RescueKit with the assembled, cased boards too (maybe with somewhat less parts, as the flyback diodes are soldered - recently for low-voltage flyback).
- see GenBoard/BuildProcedures/SerialPort for recommended RS232 connection
Index fore Memberspage/MartinFranck projekts
- What todo and what is don
- Wiring and Diagams MartinFranck/Wiring
- various-pictures of the projekt MartinFranck/Pictures
- Sensors mounted too the engine MartinFranck/Sensors
Martin Franck (Denmark)