Subpage of MembersPage/MarcellGal/PowerAndTraction
These [schematics] helped a LOT. I do not use the engine part (as I have motronic55 connector, not 35pin), but these are invaluable when troubleshooting the
- instrument panel
- windshield wiper-motor
- windshield washer pump
- coolant fan control
- air conditioner
- central locking
- rear differential lock
- power windows and heated mirrors
- rear window defrost
- no heated seats in this car
- or other parts of the audi 100, 200 (mine is 1989 audi200tq turbo quattro)
I suggest to find the set of schematics that are the best match your car, save them to a good place, print the pages that you think are most appropriate (I didn't print the seat-heating and seat-servos, because I don't have them)
- Main fuses are under the bonnet, in the waterbox, drivers side
- fuses are listed inside fusebox cover
- there are many relays, and even unused connector covered by the driver's side glovebox (where I mounted the LCD).
Dark dash - no lights even if the headlight is on... but why ?
Anyone (g60) ? can you scan 2..3 pages that could help me find why the dash is not lit ? The left glovebox is down (LCD was mounted), this would be a good time to fix dashlight
- Jorgen: Ouch, common problem. Could be burnt traces on the flexible circuit board for the dash.
- burnt traces ? is the dashlight consuming so much current ?
- Jorgen No, but the flexible circuit boards of the 80's wasn't the best :)
- this is an audi 200, with much bigger dash (not sure if boards are different though)
Radio - installed
The MMC-card feature is fun. (It also has CD player, but I don't know why a car radio needs any moving part inside!)
There was no radio in the car, but there were standard connectors that fit the new radio. Doing some measurements on the conn before hooking up the new radio: One has to measure with the ground-ring as base (not the black wire that is at the ground position on the drawing). The radio works now (it can play mp3 from MMC-SD or USB-pendrive, or ... prolly not gonna be utilized ... CD).
When the radio is switched on, (eg. by putting on the face, or by the PWR button), the antenna at the back of the car is ejected. This is annoying when the radio is otherwise not needed (eg. when listening to music on MMC). The antenna goes back when unpowering.
This car has some mesh under the dash (as one expects in a car with full-extra equipment designed in the 1980's)
Some noise coming from the dash - now gone
- One would think it's the heating (squirrel-) fan, because it sounds like it.
- But I could hear the heating (squirrel-) fan (somewhat louder) when I turn that on
Maybe it was the heating (squirrel-) fan just at low-RPM ? I think this is gone now. Something around the AC-control changed it. Maybe setting AC to "off".
Right-side exterior mirror
- had no mirror-glass in it.
- was replaced, with a heatable one.
- The heater wires are there (and servo for moving it too).
- there was an aftermarket immobilizer
- first it was unobvious how it works, the under-dash of this particular car is no easy target even for an experienced car electrician who knows this model, and has a LOT of time in a heated workshop
- another theft-protect mechanism, not detailed
Power windows links
- see the schematics
- the front left door window motor control is different, because it
- has only 1 set of pushbuttons (1 up and 1 down). The other 3 windows has 2 sets: a local, and another at the driver.
- can go all the way with just a short tap on the button (the buttons of the other 3 windows must be pushed as long as one wants the window to move)
- also, the rear window motors are powered from the drivers (front left) door "safety switch", that allows to prevent kids-tampering
- keywords: audi power.window.control unit front.door.switch
- [operation, with USA-EU differences]
- [with pics]