Ignition related page for MembersPage/MarcellGal/EngineSwap
Ignition - wasted spark for now. Going to CDI and IonSense later.
The trigger info is on MembersPage/MarcellGal/EngineSwap/VrTrigger
Ignition advance is finally tuned.
- we did it on a "hold-speed" capable eddy dyno. With the incredible ego correction (using lambda-target table) it went fast. We used mttn than mmtf commands to cheat megatune, because MegaTunix interrogation somehow did not work for me (my mistake to skip the tabletesting, it was possible to fix it easily later so the tables work OK. The warmup parameter took a bit more time). Fortunately mmtf worked as a charm, and we didn't have to switch back and forth from ign and VE because of the fast automatic EGO correction to reach lambda target.
Good ignition makes a HUGE difference. The car is now fun to drive, and as powerful as it should be.
After the variable intake actuator was configured (to actuate from 1000..3000 RPM above 81kPa), we had to pull timing a bit above 81 kPa (and add some fuel too).
- try to decrease dwell slowly
- upload "don't do it at home" image about the ignmodule table-test
- connect and configure knock sensor
- find the camshaft sensor. Not needed for now, but it's good to know if there is none (unlikely)
- Polski fiat wasted spark transformers - I have 2, but incompatible with my HV wires connection
- Ford coils - looks a bit small, and I don't have connector for the primary side
- GM 4cyl wasted spark ignition amplifier - see IgnitionPage/TransformerWithAmplifier
- inverting ignition amplifier, but using signal from IGBT gates: ign_out=70
h=00 01 00 01 00 01 00 01
- crank advance = 12.5 degrees: ign_crank_advance=32