This page is asking for help to find an ECU / harness pinout - related to MembersPage/MarcellGal/EngineSwap/TaskList
We now have the Daewoo harness matching the engine side and it looks better to use the Daewoo harness, cutting off the ECU side connector (instead of using the original car harness, and making adapter cable).
We now have a wonderful program that has info about hundreds of engines.
This will make the GenBoard/VerThree install project for the Daewoo engine a gravy train with the Daewoo harness.
Feel free to update this page with your comments.
- verify pinout
- General Motors 16valve 1.6L 4 cyl engine
- engine named A16DMS (or A16DM ) at Daewoo
- year: 1995 (there is often reference as -1997 and 1997- so there must be some difference - maybe minor)
- used in: Daewoo (Kalos? Lanos?)
- also used in all over the world
- X16XE in Opel and Vauxhall land
- not sure of engine code when same engine used in Saturn or other US economy cars
- engine serial number cannot be read from the block :-(
- don't know code :-(
- ECM is likely a Bosch Motronic - maybe Delco ?
- A notable thing about it is a small solenoid (1 ECU pin) for the InTake/VariableIntake control (not common on old-fashioned GM engines and ECUs)
- because of the above, I think not many types of ECMs have beed used with this GM engine (with InTake/VariableIntake).
- ECM side of the harness is a red and a white connector, with 2x16 pins each. Pins on the schematic most likely called
- 3mm centerline: 45 mm (3mm*15) between the A1 and A16
- 3mm between the 2 lines
- circular shaped recepticles, like DSUB (not like EconoSealIII)
Misc Harness Pics
[some unresized raw pictures] about the harness.
- The 2 main ECM side connectors
- 2 main engine side connectors can be seen
- and 2 small connectors
- 2 pin for variable intake
- and 3 pin triangular for TPS).
- The ECM is not the Daewoo ECM but an Opel ECM with similar connectors. The notable thing about it is the thruhole GenBoard/PowerSwitcher (actually 5..15 pin gizmos) clamped against the U-shaped cooler Al : this saves much footprint with the power-traces: the switches are right at the connector.
We know the TPS connector pinout, so that gives some hint to verify the pinout - well, it doesn't match, even if I assume there was a mirroring error that resulted in swap of GND and +5V - the TPS signal itself does not match the book (see below).
Looking at the 3 pin triangle shaped connector of the harness (note: NOT of the TPS sensor Jason, did you read this note?), tab (lock) at "6 oclock" the GM standard signals are:
- sweep is the one that is alone (top)
- +5 is on the bottom left
- GND is on bottom right
- I appologize! I just now thought of it after seeing this message. There are 2 GM triangle type TPS's. I have the backwards rotating one so it's on the back side of my TB and out of the way in my engine bay. I never even considered that (been 2 years since I put it on there). If you had a 1995 Chevy pickup with a 4.3 liter v6 it would have been right. ;-)
I also verified the control pins for the InTake/VariableIntake solenoid, draws 285mA from 12V (polarity shouldn't matter, right?). This matches.
|2||Blue/Black||IAC (pair of A1)|
|4||Green/White||IAC (pair of A3)|
|6||Orange||VBATT (also present when ignition OFF)|
|11||Yellow||EGR solenoid switched output (0V is ON)|
|12||Black/White||Fuel pump relay (0V is ON)|
|13||Blue||EVAP canister purge valve output PWM, 20msec|
|16||Yellow/Black||CKP+ crank trigger input (60-2) positive measures inf from B14 :-((|
|2||Black||GND of (CLT,TPS)|
|3||Yellow||CLT (engine coolant temp) measured from B2: 6.82k at appr. +3C|
|10||Purple||MIL (malfunction indicator light), 0V => light ON|
|11||Black/Yellow||Variable Intake solenoid output (ON = 0V)|
|14||Blue/White||CKP- crank trigger input (60-2) reversed|
|13||Brown/White||Octane coding plug input|
|14||White||igncoil (cyl 1,4 or 2,3 ?)|
|15||Red/Yellow||AC refrigerant pressure input. my measurements: TPS signal (alone, at the top of the 3 pin triangle)|
|16||Magenta/White||"ignition" VBATT +14V (Variable Intake+)|
|6||Brown||Octane coding plug output|
|8||Lt.Blue/Black||+5V output for (MAP, TPS) my measurements: TPS GND, bottom right (of the 3 pin triangle)|
|9||Purple||NBO2 nernst input|
|10||Green/White||VSS (0..9.5V ??)|
|14||Brown||igncoil (cyl 1,4 or 2,3 ?)|
|15||Orange/Black||GND of(IAT,Knock,MAP) (my measurements: TPS +5V, bottom left (of the 3 pin triangle)|