- Main MembersPage/KoabiBrooks
- Idle MembersPage/KoabiBrooks/Idle
- Ignition MembersPage/KoabiBrooks/Ignition
- Injection MembersPage/KoabiBrooks/Injection
- Trigger MembersPage/KoabiBrooks/Trigger
- Wiring MembersPage/KoabiBrooks/Wiring
- Q&A MembersPage/KoabiBrooks/Questions
at the request of Marcell :)
I plan to use a VR crank position sensor from a Jetta (ABA engine code). I am getting rid of the distributor and placing a coilpack in its place, so the Hall sender won't be used as it's integrated to the distributor.
The ABA crank position sensor part # is: 021 907 319B
The ABA trigger wheel on the crank is a 60-2 wheel. Here is a tool to help get some variables about your trigger wheel. PHP by me, the math by MembersPage/GrmRacer.
The connection has 3 pins -
- ECU signal
- Signal Ground
- Shield Ground
Here are some notes from Marcell about determining the correct pins moved from another page:
- one goes to ground (resistance to other 2 pins > 2 MOhm) => this is shield (connect to GND)
- two pins go to the ECU. Resistance between the latter two is 540 Ohm in both directions => VR confirmed. (VR is usually 450..900 Ohm).
- Checking for wheel errors: Manmlp04mll mll to refresh, bye to end session (try until BYE is echoed back from term).
- Perform resistance check from shield pin to engine with the sensor unplugged from harness - if there is continuity, the shield should NOT be connected to ground on the ECU side. Otherwise, the shield should be grounded at the ECU side.
- Sometimes shield not connected to a ground works, as well
- note to self: "Fuel pump on after inactivity" was 0.5 - now set to 2.0