Updated with more comments on 8/21
- 60-2 primtrig
- but sectrig is special
Attached are 3 files.
- "Bad RPM Reading...." is a log of the engine running poorly with the bad RPM reading
- "Running Normally..." is a log of the engine running normally with the 1.2.12 fw
- "TPTC Triggerlog" is a trigger log of the 1.2.30 fw taken after the "Bad RPM " datalog.
special setup, with secignore
Triggerlog/Vemslog Analyse and Hints:
The rpm tooth was lining up with the missing tooth in the 1.2.12 configuration, while it is not supported it somehow worked in 1.2.12 it does not work in 1.2.30 (Trigger settings visual even warns about it with the RED ATT in missing tooth GAP):
'Config adjustments to move the rpm tooth outside of the missing tooth GAP and make it work again 1.2.30:
- adjust first triggertooth from 11 to 18
- adjust TDC after the trigger from 106.0 to 64.0 deg
- near 60..70 deg : that is a better value anyway.
several other engines like this (07k i5) working without problems; nothing special about 60-2 + some cam sync . Here is one from USA (Marc S. captured cranking, inj disabled ) :
Normally after a few years, SD-erase is a good idea to make space for SD-logging; SD-erase also necessary when changing firmware version up/down (2GB SD capacity used a few years ago was limited to a few thousand hours, even 8GB used nowadays is not infinite).
Updated a car from 1.2.12 fw to 1.2.30, and now I have a triggering/RPM reading issue.
The reason I changed fw, is because the car with the 1.2.12 is having problems with the SD Card logging -
It always took longer on this car, but lately it started not being able to access the log list at all. SD-erase didn't fix or wasn't attempted ?
I literally erase the SD Card after every drag run.
- That is not a good idea, erase recommended/needed after fw upgrade, but erase every time does no good and should NOT be needed (shortens SD card life considerably).
I work on the same 3-7 cars at every event, on all of the other cars the SD Card logging/uploading works OK. On this car (ECU# 6848) it was slow to download the SD Logs from day 1 (using 1.2.12fw).... and this season it started just not working altogether. I am using the same Laptop and USB Cable for all of the cars (FTDI cable from webshop)....'''
Can you try another SD card to see if it solves ?
- apparently v3/6848 withSDcard: removable
- New 1.2.30 fw is NOT very sensitive to card type: SDHC card should work theoretically (we use 8GB cards mostly).
- The small (2GB) non-SDHC cards not always support SPI (but no damage if attempted: erase needed in any case, and data will be lost of course).
Now I am having a RASH of issues with SD Logging.... download attempts results in minutes of waiting for no result, or timeout error, with both 57k or 115k baud rates selected
Last month is was V3 ECU #9524 having upload issues
Today V3 ECU #10311 and #10358 are not allowing SD Uploads
"FIXED" by updating #10311 and #10358 to 1.2.31fw... buy WHY does the SD Logging have issues on only these ECU, and not all of the older units???
I noticed starting with 1.2.24 fw there is improved SD log support
BUT I could not find a download link for 1.2.24 fw, so I went to the next released/stable fw of 1.2.30 (good).
Anyway, with the 1.2.30 fw, the RPM reading is dropping 50% of value over and over again constantly, and the engine struggles to run.
I'm going to re-install 1.2.12 fw today, and try to access the SD Logs with the newer VEMSTune to see if that improves, and we need to see if the RPM reading issue goes away.
Any advice you have about the 1.2.30 fw, or if you have a better recommendation, I'd appreciate it!