fw 1.1.90, VemsTune 4-26-2011
IAC Retard was activated during a full throttle pull, causing 10 degree loss of advance.
Repeated issue on next log with idle retard set to "0" - IAC flag still active.
- iac TPS threshold should be the key here
- So all IAC functions should be OFF above 1% TPS in this case, right?
- What is strange about these logs is that the car ran thru 1st and second gear with no IAC, an then 3rd gear the IAC turned on.
- IAC Close minmap set to 86kpa
- Which sets iac to "Iac close position" (set to "0") above the setting of 86 kpa (irrelevant of TPS, and unrelated to the IAC flag)
- the IAC flag should theoretically be off when TPS > IAC TPS threshold (1% in this case)
- in some logs on this page, this doesn't seem to hold. Thanx for the vemslogs !
Log 19.13.26 - 58 second mark - IAC ON during 2nd gear pull (idle retard set to 0)
Log 18.46.08 - 24 second mark - IAC is ON in 3rd gear, pulling 10 degrees of timing out
(Timing is 16.5 degrees in 2nd gear, and 6 degrees in 3rd gear, IAC flag is ON)
- The vemslog was captured with the not-extensively tested (and unreleased) 1.1.90 but this also effects 1.1.91 that was a release-candidate.
- We found that with MAP > iac_close_minmap it was theoretically possible to bypass setting the IAC flag
- so in 1.1.91, leave iac_close_minmap at FF (default value)
- fixed in 1.1.92.
- thinking about an extra safety condition to disable retard when TPS > iac_tps_thres (even if IAC flag is on for some reason)