AudiAAN? nonstandard 60-2 with HALL-only camsync.
I have a customer who get a "too many secondary triggers" error.
- what type of error exactly ?
- No Tr Error light change to Too many Sec trigg error or similar. RPM=0 shown on VemsTune gauge. -Jörgen
- secondary trigger position is only measured with camshaft-adjust (and most useful with missing tooth type crankwheel)
- without camshaft-control, cam-angle is not measured currently (except during triggerlog, of course). This might change around 1.1.90 (could be useful to measure even without camshaft-control)
- do you have a vemslog ? I'm afraid not, engine has no RPM signal.
- can he feel something about the engine behaviour when the "secondary triggers error" occurs ? (misfire / stumble)It happens during cranking. No RPM signal/No spark.
When choosing any of the "60-2 No Cam sync" configlets the engine show RPM signal.
Can someone take a look at the configuration.
- As this is secondary HALL, I removed the comment about the Hall dirac. I will however have the customer test without Hall dirac to make sure that Hall dirac has not become corrupt since I last used it.
- The trigger log looks good to me:
- to me too
- mwfire says on irc: I have cam sync on 1.1.88 on 5+cars (5 cyl, 60-2 (vr) and one pulse on cam)
- above config was tested with 1.1.89 on bench at HQ - works as it should: no problems seen at all
It looks like I need him to send me the ECU for bench testing and that I need to travel to him to sort it out if the bench tests here work as they should.
- In SafetyMode he would see "safetymode" instead of trigger error, and RPM would be >0 Wierd, one of the problems with second hand information. He was sure when I asked again.
- maybe some more info about wiring would be good.
- is it motronic box ? v3.2 # 332 suggests it is a very old econoseal box ... Correct, it's econoseal.
- Maybe some outputs are killed ? Box is newly refreshed by me.
- Perhaos missing +12V supply for injectors / igntransformers ? Fuses has not been fitted for those yet as there is no RPM signal.
Did you open trigger analyser whitout engine running and do you have trigger signals? Look at the diode setup at the back of the board, check hall supply between pin 28 and pin 29 shorting. I had Triggers whitout the hall connected,
Barometric pressure sensor
- AAN harness motronic55/pin9 [mechanical barometric sensor] altitude measurement...
- does anyone know Voltage (or resistance) values for 2 different ambient pressure conditions (say <1000m and >1500m above sea-level) ? Or approximate value kPa / Volt slope ?
- if someone has Audi AAN logs (perhaps SD logging was enabled) driving at different height above sea-level, look at mcp3208/ch7 (raw value): mcp3208/ch7 has been connected to motronic55/pin9 since ages (although it has 2k7 pullup, it should show the value change consistently)