My name is James Perakis and I am the owner of JPSmotorsport located in Athens , Greece (established in 1999)
I am looking forward to be the VEMS dealer in Greece . As a demo car I am now preparing a Peugeot 106 (NFX) 16V
- forged pistons and con rods
- have done port polishing
- installed camshafts
In a few days (once we have done 3000km) we will take it to the dyno to see the results . Once we have done that we will install a VEMS ECU and we will go to the dyno so we can see the full potentials and the gains from the management.
I am going to install the VEMS harness and also use the VAG COP's from VEMS.
- the VAG active COPs are not always long-lived on hot turbo engines (the worst place for ignition power stage is in/on the cylinder head)
- the Bosch motorsport ignition transformers are MUCH better. Also work for 5 cyl engine if the ECU is requested with min 2 power-IGBT output stages (pair cyl2,5 and cyl3,4 as wasted spark. The "high-voltage" side pair of cyl1 - or any unpaired HV output is "ground", or the factory power-output stage can be used for cyl1, even on 3B)
But I will use the NOLOGY POWERCORE which is a plug and play for the AUDI.
- what exactly are you planning ? Can you detail your ignition setup plans ? (what AUDI ? 4 or 5 cyl ? Maybe a separate page for a different setup could avoid further confusion)
- Ignition amplifiers are not needed, actually incompatible with the VAG active coils !