2.3L audi 5cyl 20VT audi for drag racing
Engine is built to >800 Hp specs. A similar engine measured on engine dyno reached: 976 Hp at 375kPa @ 8000 RPM.
10+1 trigger, that is
- primary trigger: HALL 5 pulses on crank
- trigger_tooth=01 is appr 72 deg BTDC (trigger_tooth=00 would be at about TDC prev cyl, not good)
- secondary trigger: HALL 1 pulse on cam
Engine is running with firmware 1.1.27
- V3GUI_ ... firm1.1.27
- but firmware and temp tables are uploaded already, should NOT be needed
- VemsMT?1.1.27 prebta0
- use to tune maps (12x12 highboost). Don't tweak trigger settings with it.
First running was with small injectors (from some Opel Monsa).
Now running 1600cc/min low-impedance injectors, with 6.8 Ohm (50W) series resistors. Currently 36V flyback (30V transient + powerflyback).
- is the the 0 280 150 846 injectors?
- I don't know the Bosch number
I think the 1600 cc Bosch LowZ injectors do not work with 1.5 .. 1.8 bar fuel pressure:
- we spent hours debugging why the sparkplugs are so different: some sparkplugs were DRY
- ECU did well on the bench
- I just got to know in the end they lowered the FP to get longer PW and better injection
- => Jorgen1_: I would expect them to have a bad spray pattern, what problems is seen.
- Jorgen1_ The usual big injector tuning is done? Never leaner then lambda 0.85-0.90 or so => no, it does not run well at 0.85, some sparkplugs are dry (and apparnetly not always the same??)
- Isn't it the 4,9ohm injectors?
- I don't know, but series res = 6.8 Ohm 50W
- We run them without series resistors.
- Jorgen1_ Check if they are the normal 4.9ohm type and rip the resistors in that case. They will never work otherwise.
- we'll also have to apply proper fuel pressure
Now running with inductive ignition. (idles at 77kPa, around 800 RPM, big cams)
It sounds like not all 5 cyls run at idle. (gets better at rev)
- proper sparkpulgs will be installed
- with the 5 big coils, dwell can be set higher, to 4.5 or even 5 msec.
Finally it will use CDI ignition.