- I can't find a page/diagram for assembling my Genboard, where can I find it?
- Most of it is done when shipped. http://www.vems.hu/index.php?page=BuildProcedures%2FSectionThree is the best place to start as far as I know. The http://www.vems.hu/index.php?page=GenBoard%2FManual is starting to get filled in quite well, so be sure to check that out too.
- I've read through those pages, and my understanding is that the only things I need to add to my genboard are the FET's, IGBT's, and MAP sensor. If I plan on using the connections in the above table (thanks for the help filling it in!) where do I solder the parts? I've found holes for the MAP sensor, but which way is it inserted? One pin has a notch, is that pin1?
- Try this: [ Output Diagram] I just made it and uploaded it. Not great because I was in a hurry, but should suffice for now. Also for the MAP sensor, you're right. The notch is pin1. Pins 1,2,3 on the board are the pads with traces attached to them.
- Thanks for the diagram, exactly what I needed. Do the FET's and IGBT's have a pin1? yes, pinout is GDS (gate, drain, source).
I assume they need a heat sink? FETs dissipate very little heat, but IGBTs dissipate more, especially with a distributor setup.
Do you stick it to a piece of aluminum or something? the IGBTs need to be insulated from the heatsink.
Anything else I should know? Hey, at least I know how to solder :)
- Found this [Here]so I soldered them like this
- My stock ignition is a Bosch Coilpack (part# F6000-51838?) I'm pretty sure it has dwell control. Which genboard outputs do I use, how do I assemble my Genboard for this?
- I'm not sure on the coilpack dwell control, but drive00, 01, and 02 will work fine. Actually drive_00 through drive_07... just pick 3 you like. ;-) If your coilpack doesn't do dwell, it's really easy to control via Genboard.
- I've got 2 weeks off starting tomorrow (Jul16), and having my car running with genboard is my vacation project!
- Being organized is key. Don't rush it just to get done. You got your board already? I'm impressed! I just sent it on the 13th.