I'll install VEMS V3.3 in a AE86
Q. is it possible to drive all four injectors (They are 1 ohm each) with one or two inj-Fet's? And will it be possible to use serie resistor and transient suppressor diode then?
MembersPage/PhatBob - I'd advise you not to bother. The wire on all the AE86 harnesses I've seen are oxidized, the wires to the sensors on the distributor are not shielded so its almost impossible to get a clean trigger signal (We tried over a period of months to do this). And the injectors are batch wired.
By the time you run new wires to the distributor, new wires and a resistor pack to the injectors, wires to the ignition coil, new ground wires from the VEMS to the injection manifold. You are only a few sensors away from a complete harness.
- You probably right, it was only to try and make a quick setup to replace to original on street legal cars..
- This is what we were trying this time last year, and we put a lot of testing effort in. The G signals come too late to use as a simple trigger, they come in around 10deg BTDC, and need to come in 120-60deg BTDC, and with the signal noise you get misfire events all over the place :(
Also the 4A-GE really comes alive with the Raw Engineering 36-1 trigger kit and wasted spark coils from the Mitsubishi Evo4, we have a large number of cars running this setup at the moment and doing well in competition
- Have you seen improvements from just chancing to 36-1 trigger on crank and wasted spark?
- Yes! Idle quality, engine response and overall performance.
I also made a new loom for the AE86 i made, tryed to run the20v trigger,but gave up as i had some small misfire,so when i turboŽed the engine,i put on a 36-1 wheel, then it was all well.
- How did you make your 36-1 wheel?