Itīs been brought to my attention that
VemsTune is being programmed on a wxWindows multiplatform programming interface? yes
Why is it not being programmed for MS Windows only?
Because it's better to use more advanced, portable technology. Unportable lock-in technology totally kills customer choice, and therefore is unacceptable.
Also, GenBoard/LoggerIntegration/DedicatedLogger/PDA was chosen to use the same underlying codebase.
Non-portable lockin would not solve the existing stability issues, actually it would make more constraints on debugging as well.
- development of the vemstune software is taking way too long.
- This is true. If JAVA had the reasonable graphics support in 2007 as it has now, JAVA would definitely have been chosen, which makes much faster development cycle possible with less chance for programming errors. There is actually a tuning software which might support the error protected vems communication called SerialComm/SIPR
I know everybody would like to see it working properly.
Itīs being programmed with a portable, no-lockin toolkit (not really a "platform").
- It makes me wonder how weak the UI code is to work well with one platform.
- Not sure what you mean by "UI code". wxwidgets toolkit, or added UI code.
I suggest this is taken a look at
As well as with MS Visual Studio you can have automated web deployment when the software would get upgraded.
- VemsTune can be compiled with MS Visual Studio, and there are several possibilities for automated web deployment. This will be delt with when the software is ready for idiots (definitely not yet).
If this user interface isnīt taken more seriously the
unit as well looks bad and hurts sales. That defeats the whole purpose of the system.
If anybody have comments or agrees please comment on the bottom of this page signed with your username!!
Non signed comments will be deleted.
Problems with Vemstune.
Iīve been having problems with vemstune and itīs disconnecting from the ecu. There is absolutely no problem with using megatune, so it has to be the vemstune program
Two things happen within 5minutes of starting the program
- 1. complete disconnection, no reconnection unless: program restart, ecu is "detected"
- 2. Gauges become scrampled and tables become corrupted. While the vems lcd shows no signs of corruption despite what the gauges say.
- 1. Com port buffer changed in any way
- 2. Various com ports tested
- 3. Different USB connections
- 4. Vemstune has been patched to run on one processor
- 5. Different protocols selected and tested, different timeouts tested.
I also tested using the vemstune-c program, and it seems to hold out up to 10minutes.
Here are related information when using the vemstune-c program