BMW M3 E36
(previously tuned by DA motorsport - unsuccesful)
Dont mind the dirt and the rust, its still in major work process...
curent MSQ and log a few engine crashes at 2500 rpm hence the 3.01ms dwell, at 1ms runs but i doubt the spark is good at 1.2bar boost...
- Wait for the lambda to heat up before datalogging to tell us more.
- I would run 1.0.x firmware on this engine.
- Update your story below to be more comprehensive, remove information that has become irrelevant.
- Did your problem exist both with 1.0.73 and 1.1.27? Post MSQ from both situations.
After several hard pulls at spikeing pressures, new problem was found, in terms of a small wastegate :( it is a 38mm Turbosmart unit, that should hold 0.8bar but had several spikes at 1.6-7 bar and still haveing problems with misfire :)
Flashed with 1.0.73 final, uploaded default config and setted up again, with 2.5ms dwell and RUNNING :P
Test driver could not behave himself, and pushed it to the 2bar for several laps on Miseluk (track in Novi Sad) after a while head gasket blown, water everywhere, spark plugs destroyed etc.
Engine opened waiting for new gasket and colder plugs. We were running on ngk pkr7a plugs now thinking about Denso IXU 24 or 27
But before all that new wastegate must be found and that could be a poblem in Serbia. We searched up and down, and found nothing bigger that 38mm.... If someone could help with acquiring some quality wastegate (Tial or turbosmart) please contact me on email@example.com
- S50 3.2l inline six
- CP Pistons 87mm 8,5:1
- Garrett GT3582R
- stock cams, vanos removed
- DA exhaust manifold, M50 intake manifold
- 3" straight exhaust no mufflers
- 3" intercooler pipeing
- turbosmart 38mm WG (looking for a bigger one)
- A/C, Servo etc removed, car stripped
Genboard v3.3 1.1.26 firmware
- 60-2 crank wheel, VR sensor
- hall camsync not used
- 1000cc rochester injectors (lowZ series resistors 30v flyback)
- 4bar map
- Dual out COP ignition [series bmw cops]
- boost control in progress
Special thanks to Jason Voytilla for His msq file :) it helped me start it... [and reach 300km/h]
Jay is the King :)