Lada Niva with VW AP2000 engine, crossflow head and turbocharged
This is a Lada Niva 1991, that actually has a VolksWagen? AP2000 ethanol engine, still on carburator, that is receiving a crossflow head from a 1994 Golf with Stage1 modifications and a KKK turbocharger from an Audi A3.
This is a hybrid engine (VW AP2000 1986 carburator engine with VW Golf 2.0 8V head), it has currently a distributor with mechanical advance.
Q: What trigger does this have ? 60-2 VR crank ? Any camsync ?
A: I have some options:
- Switch the current distributor to a later HALL effect one.
- Implement a 60-2 VR crank
- Use the current distributor with the mechanical advance locked
There is no camsync and I have no idea how to implement it on Golf head. Any ideas here?
- Assembled v3.6 controller
- 30V flyback
- NO 1-wire interface
- 4+4 ignition drivers (will use Wasted Spark first and COP later)
- Knock and 2 EGT
- LCD connection
- MAP connection 400kPa (6/4mm pneumatic)
- mounting-style: screws
- primary_trigger: EC36/27 VR
- NO PS2 connection
- secondary_trigger: HALL
- injectors: "V8" (will use 2 small injectors per cylinder)
- with_relays: yes
- EGT sensor (K-type)
- with_connector pair
- Size 6mm
- fitting_only: no
- with back panel option
- Other items
- LCD 4x20 green
- 3m of Pneumatic tube (temperature 180C)
- 2 x Pneumatic connectors (VIV6464)
- Wideband O2 sensor
- Wideband screw
- Oil Pressure Sensor
- Bosch knock sensor
- Coolant sensor AMP-connector
Lot's of things... Injectors, fuel pumps, catch tank, admission (cheaper to get ITBs from a Hayabusa than the stock from Golf)...
Ignition coils and MAT will come from old parts I have that are working but need calibration.