This car started out as a normal 1988 white 16v scirocco. It has undergone significant changes. Now it is a GRM challenge car. [The Challenge] is a competition to see who can build the best drag/autocross/show car for approx 2000 USD. Below is a list of changes!
- The 1.8L PL block was traded out for 2.0L 9A block
- The 16v head was ported, polished and decked. The Compression was raised to 12:1.
- The stock cams were reground by Delta Camshaft to copy Schrick 270/272 specs
- Stock CIS (K-jet) was removed and replaced with VEMS 2.2 then 3.2
- VW 1.8T fuel rail and EFI Injectors replaced the stock CIS fueling
- The original 5.0 bar fuel pressure regulator(FPR) replaced with 3.5 Bar VW 1.8T, added a FP gauge (originally a pool (H2O) gauge) now a proper gauge from Usually Sideways Rally Team.
- Still a problem we are running approx 100psi Fuel pressure!
- Stock Distributor, stock plugs
- Stock 4 window Hall sensor [VAG/VW/PL]
- TPS from GSX-R ITBs
- GSX-R 750cc ITBs with secondary plates removed, spacing done with threaded stock
- Still needs balanced, I did it via eyeball
- Custom Intake [Manifold]
- still need velocity stacks and filters.
- AlphaN -- finally happy!
- Closed Loop WBO2 -- heater circuit not currently working, need to trouble shoot it
- MAP/RPM table 'ZERO car much happier
- Tables & configs to be uploaded
- DynoTuning? coming soon, I am very excited
- Data Logs
- Need SDlogger
- Custom Bubb transmission 4K based
- Peloquin Diff
- ACT clutch
- 7lb flywheel
- Ebay coilovers
- Rebuilt Koni yellows with 12.5W front fork oil
- Front Coils unknown
- Rear Coils unknown
- 13x9 265/40R13 Hoosier A6
- stock front anti sway bar
- stock rear anti sway bar
- Homebuilt roll cage
- Gutted Interior
- MOMO steering wheel
- MOMO carbon fiber racing seat
- Loose dash
- Interior Camera mount
- Fixed Dash
- Bigger Tach
- Shift Lights
- Fresh paint
1988 VW scirocco