Golf II 1.8 16V GTI (motorcode KR)
- this is a gasoline-LPG LPGandBiFuel engine
- trigger is homemade 4-1 bolts on crank, with 1GT101 HALL sensor
- 102kW from factory (NA), but turbo added from a Lancia Dedra 2000-16V (should be around 185kW = 250 Hp, no measurement yet)
MembersPage/GolfGtiLpg/KapcsLpg Table Switching Subpage
Avoid pages like
Assembled ECU features:
- Flyback 30V flyback
- ignition driver 6+2
- MAP connection 300kPa onboard (6/4mm pneumatic)
- primary_trigger HALL
- secondary_trigger HALL
- 1-wire interface no
- Knock and EGT yes
- LCD connection yes
- PS2 connection yes
- mounting-style screws
- Board version-3.3
- Serial nr;1072
- wbo2 pump pw zero;0x67
- wbo2 nertstdc target;0x87
- pump+; +1.3mv/200 Ohm
- (C103;1nf, no D100)
Just like for the gasoline switch, pull an mcp3208 analog input to ground.
See EC18pin12,6,16 mcp3208 analog inputs in WebShop ECU specs, all are available in your case.
Measure if they are pulled up to +5V internally
- mcp3208ch6 and mcp3208ch7 inputs might be pulled to +5V via 2k7 internally depending on how you requested. If so, no need for external pullup resistor in the harness
- in any case, be very careful: pull to +5V gently, or to ground with a switch. These inputs are not protected agains +12V ! +12V on mcp3208 input would ruin the controller.
See MembersPage/DamirMuha/LPG : for a simpler solution: switching the +12V side (either to power all the LPG or all the petrol) with a switching type relay.
Why does this solution switch the low-side with so many relays ?
- is the 4 relays to make sure the flyback path is always "complete" ? In the worst case, the following seems to also provide that:
- LPG shared+ ..... relay1 for LPG .... flyback node .... "fuelrelay" .... +12V
- petrol shared+ ... relay2 for petrol .......|
- But that might be overcautios, Damir Muha's solution is known to work on plenty of installs.
The "fuelrelay" can be same as fuelpump relay (or, if high currents justify: a relay enabled by the fuelpump relay).
Config and tables
Old and config and tables
Review (check hints on these pages)
Original trigger notes that were necessary to get it run with 4-1 (low toothcount missing tooth) crankwheel. Note that multitooth advanced filter was needed (at least with 1.0.7x).
- 1.0.73 could work, but advanced multitooth filter=enabled needed for low RPM (cranking)
- [firmware 1.1.29] seems to work with 4-1, the following config:
- could work with advanced multitooth filter=disabled (untested)
- tested with advanced multitooth filter=enabled , this requires proper settings for the
- normal tooth (eg 37..150%)
- and missing tooth relative range (eg 150..250%). The config that came from 60-2 had missing tooth relative range set to 200..375%, the 200% is clearly bad
- tooth_wheel_twidth1=68 (in MegaTune, width of normal tooth=104)
- tooth_wheel_twidth2=01 (in MegaTune, width of missing tooth=1)
primary_trigger=18 secondary_trigger=02 tooth_wheel=03 trigger_tooth=00 another_trigger_tooth=02 crank_minper=00 tooth_wheel_twidth1=68 tooth_wheel_twidth2=01 cam_sync_r_edge_phase=33 cam_sync_f_edge_phase=46 reset_engphase_after=A0 ign_tdcdelay=70 ... toothrel_normal=86 toothrel_missing=02