Ford Duratec 1.6 Ti-VCT Sigma4 engine. (apparently 2007 and newer)
- 4 inline cylinders
- double WBO2 option not needed: 1 WBO2 should be enough for inline 4 cyl.
- 4 Injectors High-Z (14.6 ohm)
- A and B coil pack. Constant 12V, Grount to fire. It fires 2 cylinders at once (wasted spark).
- Trigger arrangement and trigger sensor types: i think ford is using hall sensors all around. 2 on camshafts and 1 on crankshaft.
- Type of wheelspeed signal: ABS ring.
- dual VTC, one on intake one on exhaust. Oil control solenoids.
- single solenoid per cam (dutycycle controled, same type as toyota/suzuki/peugeot etc; NOT the BMW type dual solenoid per cam).
- PFETs should not be required.
Some [TiVCT video]
Input triggers engine position sensors
Newer engines (this is 2007 and up) are most often HALL, best to measure to be certain:
If you can find 2 pins that measure same resistance (usually between 300 and 1400 Ohm) in both directions, that is VR sensor.
Otherwise HALL sensor.
Measure at least the crank sensor.
The cam sensors are most likely HALL, you can also measure the same way.
When you have triggerlog captured, we verify+confirm on bench the recommended settings
(eg. min_prim_trig_per_sectrig value ).