4 cyl engine, cylinder head has intake-cam VVTI
- 4cyl 1,8L
- primary trig changed to 36-1 VR around 2009.
- factory was somewhat different pattern (any info about that?), was easy to grind to 36-1
- sectrig: intake cam HALL VVT
- inj: 4 injector (high-Z ?)
- ign: 4 COP
The car is running in wastedspark mode, and everything is ok.
Now, with the new cylinder head, I want to use the variable intake cam.
I've made triggerlogs with secondary trigger edge falling, and rising. The triggerlogs and the current config is uploaded here: http://www.vems.hu/filethingie.php?subdir=Fero/RenaultVVT
How to set the sectrigger VVT correctly
- Firmware modification not needed
- sectrig position measurement and VVTI/Vanos/... control is implemented (even for 2 cams, although you have only 1 adjustable cam) for most triggers, including N-1 and N-2 missing tooth setups.
Just adjust "measure-tooth" to get measured sectrig position to around 10-50 degrees in default position and set camshaft-angle target accordingly (eg. +40..65 when advanced at mid-RPM, high-load).