The car is a lancia Thema limited model, with a FERRARI V8 engine. Engine code is 8.32 .
- 3L engine
- 8 Cyl
- Normally Aspirated
- stock K-jetronic, VEMS v3.3 planned
- 2 stock distributors, wasted spark coils planned instead of the distributors
- 2 trigger tooth and VR sensor on the crank by stock, planned to modify the triggerpattern, and maybe i will use HALL sensor instead of the stock VR sensor
Because there aren't any free place at the crank pullie, we have to modify the stock flywheel trigger. We can't use homemade triggerwheel. Here is a picture of the stock flywheel. There are 2 toothes on it. Look at the red circles! My plan is the remove the distributors, and use wasted spark coils. I'd like the use only the primary trigger.
My plan is to place more toothes onto the wheel. What do you suggest, how many toothes should i use? What is the simpliest solution?
- 8-1 sounds suitable. This means the head of 7 M8 bolts can be sensed by 1GT101 HALL sensor.
- 3 of them will not be used for timing. The position of the 4 trigger-tooth should be 60..90 crankdegree BTDC.
- Please post more info about firing order, Does this engine have one cylinder on each bank firing the same time? or how does the stock trigger work? //Emil
It's flat-plane V8 like all Ferraris and basically 2 inline4 engines put together. Hence two crankhome teeth as Bosch used two 4cylinder ECUs for it. A little bit newer Dino V8 from 348 uses 60-2 trigger wheel and two 2x2 coil-packs (both banks connected as 4cylinder engines). PeepPaadam?