- MembersPage/FPhil/TriggerHardwareSetup (adding 2nd VR)
- contains config tested with maserati trigger
- continue splitting
4.5 years ago (!) when I first bought the VEMS 3.3, I had some project for my Volvo 850.
Since then I had a Maserati biturbo and so I was more involved during my spare time with mechanics than with electronics or software. Hopefully the car is 200km from where I live !
This car is 6 cylinders odd fire, sequence for ignition is 150°-90°-150°-90°-150-90°. Triggers are 6 pins (30°-90°-30°-90°-30°-90°) on crank pulley, 2 pins on cam pulley 25° apart.
There are 2 ECUS: one Microplex Marelli for injection and one IAW Weber Marelli for injection.
For distributorless biturbos starting MY 1994 the cars were equipped by Maserati with 2 ECUS, each one managing injection and ignition for each 3 cylinders bank which are then even fire. The triggers for each ecu where 3 teeth on crank and 1 tooth on cam.
Some information about the ignition and injection system from Enrico's site
As you can see the Ignition ECU interface is quite simple:
- inputs: crank and cam triggers,pressure kpa, knock
- outputs : driver to coilA, driver to coil B, solenoid boost valve
I made a .wav file for testing
Q Does anyone know if Vems firmware is able to track this profile?
AThis is great, Marcell has opened a new odd fire 6 cylinders page !! ;)
What do I aim first?
- Fit Form and Function : Make the Vems to substitute the Marelli Microplex ECU ignition with same ignition mam : .
- Be capable with appropriate tools to verify this FFF specs.
Could you contact me by email Phil? You'll find the address on my page. MembersPage/ESjaavik .