I'm in need of support for the standard trigger on Nissan 350z
- V6 Engine code [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VQ_engine|VQ35]
- even fire (every 120 crankdeg) like the VW VR6 engine ?
- or odd fire ( like 90,150,90,150,90,150 ) ?
It has dual cam control (vanos-like)
- 2 intake cams ?
Will do some more research these upcoming days about the output requirements for the camshaft control.
Attached is a picture of triggerpattern for this engine ( only crank and the two inlet sensors, will look at how the exhaust sides looks like).
Is it possible to get functioning?
- it is possible to control 2 cams (like 2 intake)
- controlling 4 cams would require 5 trigger inputs
- the maximum used so far was 4 trigger inputs (subaru boxer, 1 crank, 1 sectrig that is not moving, 2 camshaft-feedback measured)
- it is possible to gate (practically XOR) 4=>2 or even 4=>1 inputs to trigger inputs (and watch the other inputs via simple GPIO). Priority would be bumped up if there are a couple of installs in sight ( in any case very unlikely to be implemented before summer 2013).
I guess theres only need for measuring one Inlet and one exhaust cam?
- only if it has only 1 intake and 1 exhaust actuator, otherwise unfortunately NO !
- With most actuator-types feedback is required from EVERY controlled cam (because the actuator is "unstable" so control must continuously react independently for the 2 intakes). But if
12-2 pattern every 120 degrees (normal tooth width = 10 crankdeg).
"Play trigger" signal-pattern implemented (for benchtests) in vemstune (> 2013-02-15) under name "m066".
The sectrig with 36-2 primtrig seems to be fully supported (using secignore for sectrig, and measure_tooth settings for trigger), but with those 3 gaps it would need separate implementation
- kinda like the ingenious MembersPage/YasecElise (== same as K-rover trigger, which has 4 gaps)
- but combined with sectrig-condition (not possibly just by looking at primtrig, because of the unfortunate 120 deg periodicity)
We sent in an advanced ETC controller (STM ARM processor based bridge output, + IO extender, + SD card logger with RTC, + CAN + lotsof other interesting things) for PCB manufacturing (should ship in March)
- besides the ETC (drive by wire, electronic throttle control inputs + bridge + more outputs)
- the 2nd application would be firmware for 4 cam control, and, together with v3 would be suitable to control this engine (also useful for other V6 V8 and boxer engines where 4 cams, with plenty of inputs and outputs)
Sounds perfect! When is first test scheduled ?