We are working on a drag / streetracing car called the beast
- Chevy Bigblock 548 cui
- Dart Big M block
- Howard crankshaft
- JE Pistons
- Oliver steel rods
- AFR cnc ported heads, 357cc intake ports
- Twin Garrett T76 turbos, able to flow 1800-2000 hp worth of air.
- 16.5x33x15" Mickey Thompson slicks
- TH400 transmission
- 5xBosch -044 fuelpumps in paralell
- 8x1600cc injectors, with 4 bar base pressure instead of 3.
We would be happy about some special firmware features for this car, for better impression and for easier driving
- A extra copy of the current launch control settings
- Will use one switch for Trans brake starts, which activates a transbrake protection revlimit with some retard and enrichment ((Current launch control used here))
- One for basically building boost and throwing flames to impress people or inflate air beds (higher revlimit, more retard and more enrichment than the one used for launching) ((Extra function))
- Time delayed outputs
- fuel pumps are connected over 3 relays, when only driving around 1 pump will be active, and on full throttle all 5 of them kicks in. I want this to be trigged with throttle above xx% and stay on for a preconfigured time, like 30 seconds or so.
- one output that switches on after X.Y seconds after releasing launch control button, this is to raise boost using a solenoid and pneumatic regulator when we have taken off.
Custom LCD screen, which says what functions are active
--------------------- | The Beast by VEMS | | TBP: OFF LL: OFF | | ALS: OFF FP: ON | | FAN: OFF FP2: OFF | ---------------------
- Transbrake protection, Launch control switch enabled will turn this to ON instead of OFF
- Line Lock, Will wire this to shift cut input, but disable all shift cut functionality with config, just to get this input to the LCD, this will indicate that line lock is active.
- This will be the second launch control mode, which will be used to throw flames, make noise and boost pressure, this will not be the normal rally ALS function.
- Normal fuel pump output channel, just show on when the pump is on, off when its off
- Next fuel pump bank, controlled with time delay on a misc output channel or so. Also just show status ON / OFF
- shows status of fan output, ON / OFF
This is nothing very important, but would be very nice.
Car is currently running 1.0.71 firmware
film of the first startup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3iS2LkGBJg