Returning Vems ECU v3/1441 for test and repair for the second time. This ecu was sent back a few weeks ago for test. The ecu is used on an audi UR Quattro with ABY style loom and engine. The ECU has the following problems => Gut replacement because of 3d issue
1. There is no cam-hall inverter. PLEASE fit cam hall inverter.
- there is no provision for cam-HALL inverter on those old devices. (so it's addon, and it can be fitted externally) Do you really need it ? Why ? It should not matter (only config is slightly different, it does not normally have any significance) Are you using a 7A flywheel that has "noisy crankhome-VR" ?
- after gut replacement new ECU will have cam-HALL inverter anyway by default, OK.
- btw, would be easy on site: Add an 510 Ohm pullup resistor between +5V and MAT input (or 240 Ohm if tapping EC36/29 for +5V, which has 270 Ohm inside internally already. Don't use EC36/29 for any other load - such as TPS - than).
- of course new ECU made for PTC strong MAT pullup
4. The wideband lambda would not work on 2 known good sensors. I had used an ignition feed from the same relay that powers the ECU to feed the wideband as the diagram shows, but it wouldn’t work until I also connected 12v to the ecu VIA the wideband pin on the ecu wideband plug. Is this normal? Problem 3 above only started I think once I did this to make the wideband to work.
As you can see I have had many problems with this ECU and need the ECU to be returned ASAP fully tested and with all the above faults and problems resolved.