Car is a 87 vw scirocco 16v turbo
- 1.8 16v stock motor
- t3/t4e turbo stage 5
- 2.5in downpipe 2.25in exhaust
- 2.25in intercooler piping
- 13psi daily driven
Testing genboard v3.2 against tec 2 - hoping to conduct the test in mid January.
I have to get genboard sorted out first. Test will consist of tec 2 getting street tuned for maxium effencncy and power. swip out tec 2 for genboard and street tune it and see the results. Should be a great comparasion and information data for development of future systems.
Here is the sensors I'll be running:
- GM MAT
- VW coolant temp
- 60-2 trigger wheel
- VW 2 wire Knock sensor
- 52lb low impedence injectors
I want it setup to be a straight plug and play harness. here is some info of what I'm going to go by [ tonci loncar]
Compiling firmware: vems.hex file
For future info if anyone ever has some problems with the vems.hex file not being made you have to install both winavr and perl into your system. I'm running windows xp and I had to install both to get it to compile smoothly.
Parts list for Genboard v3.2
- assembled, cased v3.2 controller
- MPX4250AP MAP sensor
- Econoseal 18-harness
- Econoseal 36-harness
- 4X20 LCD
Installed Wideband on April 15, 2005
Wideband worked perfectly. next is install a second Bung to mount Wideband sensor permently into car.
After that is installed wire injectors into genboard and start tuning so genboard can soley support fuel.
In the Genboard 3.2 assembled unit Firmware is already installed with the wideband activated. It is recommended to install a (released) firmware though, and not trust the firmware that is uploaded just for testing.
- tables.txt I'll fill initial values from My table file and my tec 2 file. Going to use my current Igntion 8x8 table from tec 2 in Genboard via Megatune.
Here is my files if something is wrong in them tell me:
- [megatune file for current settings] I need someone to look at it and give me some advice on it.
- Because MegaTune .msq files are firmware, MegaTune and even megatune configuration (vemsv3.ini) dependent, I only check configs in MembersPage/DerrickScirocco/ConfigTables style or dumped via "mcd" command. Still must take note of the firmware version, but at least any MegaTune naughtyness (fortunately becoming rare) or MegaTune version issue is eliminated.
Check the alternate=03 (are you really using 4 banks or just 2)?
While ignchmax=03 (for a 4cyl) is a good idea (so knock detection finds every cylinder) for alternate configure the number of injector banks-1.
Start with lower cwl, to decrease the chance of drowning your sparks at the very first attempt. You can increase it easily after first attempts if you think it's necessary.
Maybe it's a good idea to split the page according to subsystems and mention a few variables in
right at the subsystem description.
If you can start the engine and you'll have good idle, than the first to do is check the timing with a timinglight. It's the first thing that you have to do before the tuning. -Fero
Starting from someone elses config
- I determine the pinout according to GenBoard/VerThree/PinOut (and referred pages like GenBoard/Manual/DigitalOut, and GenBoard/Manual/DigitalOut/Table) and make own table and changes (eg. mark unneeded signals and decide on endplate connector or thru-endplate or thru-frontplate cable).
- it is also possible to check against schematic and board layout
- It also makes sense to check the config and table files for the locations and notes. Most people leave notes to where the wires are. This is good for verification, but checking against primary documentation above cannot be neglected.
- in the end, testing (search for testing on SiteIndex) subsystems ensures that all is right. GenBoard has advanced ways for testing inputs (eg. shown on LCD) and outputs (mdh.. command as on GenBoard/Manual/DigitalOut) so it's not a russian roulette.
Write here or email me if you have any info or advice:
- derrickmd22 at pleasenospam but aol dot com
MembersPage/DerrickScirocco/DistributorInstallation (Information that might help)
MembersPage/DerrickScirocco/TEC2 (how it works and how I can better convert to genboard)