A friend has a "cheap" trackday toy. Well, it started out cheap, now it's eating money as he's getting nearer to the top of the table in the local car club autotest league.
About the Car
- It started out as a Peugeot 309 GTI, and was stripped and caged as is normal with these projects... There's still some more weight to come out, but we'll get there eventually.
- A MI16 engine & standard management was fitted, but the crank broke.
- A Citroen ZX with S16 engine was acquired cheaply, and this engine was extensively worked over with new cams, porting etc.
- VEMS will now be installed as this seemed the most cost-effective way of getting the tuning done.
About the Engine
- Iron block S16
- Wild cams
- Extensively ported and generally messed with.
- 60-2 tooth trigger wheel on flywheel with hall sensor
- single tooth cam trigger wheel, again with hall sensor
- Stdandard Citroen TPS and CLT
- VEMS MAP, IAT, WBO2 & EGT
- Saab injectors
- Standard Citroen COP
- No idle control valve unless spark control doesn't work well enough.
I'm pressed for time on this install, because the car is needed in a competition at the end of this month:
Does anyone have a base config for the S16 triggers that I could steal?
It'll save me a load of work if I don't have to mess around measuring TDC etc... I'm not worried about having any of the tables. Thanks.
Here you go:
As used on:
Further trigger woes: I bought a VR/Hall version of VEMS by mistake. I need to convert this to hall/hall.
I looked at Rob's instructions, but they refer to v3.2 - I have a v3.4, and it looks quite different. (plus there's no silk screen...)
Are there instructions for v3.4?
OK, problem solved - I just have to use the schematics to find R56 and follow the original procedure.