The project engine is a BMW M20B25 which is an in-line 12-valve SOHC with custom bottom end to make 3.0 liters. On top of that is a turbo system.
- Primary trigger: Stock 60-2 VR crank-trigger.
- Secondary trigger : Hall (for cam sync later)
- Ignition system: Stock setup (single coil, mechanical distributor)
- Idle control : Stock solenoid, two coils. As described here : MembersPage/GergelyLezsak/IdleControl
- Fuel injectors: Delpi 55lb/hr, low impedance
- TPS: Ford Mustang linear potentiometer style.
- IAT: GM/Delco IAT sensor ($16 at Summit Racing)
- CLT: Stock coolant sensor has NTC curve 2.5kOhm@20C. (NTC's are normally rated at 25C ... not a big difference though)
Issues to be resolved
- There is no power flyback yet, will be externally installed on flyback pin (EC36-pin23)
- Building a new engine harness
The assembled unit is configured as follows:
- Primary trigger: VR sensor / 60-2 wheel
- Secondary trigger: Currently no cam sync, but prepared for Hall.
- Low voltage flyback, no power flyback installed internally
- One channel EGT mounted with flying loom, see below.
- Knock chip installed.
- No stepper chip
Flying loom for LCD
The LCD connector on the ECM is DB9 male (so noone stuffs RS232 to it instead of the RS232 connector that is female on the ECM ). There is often confusion as to which is male and female.
The newly proposed pinout used from GenBoard/BuildProcedures/LCDconnect.
The display used does not need negative voltage for contrast .
- K-compensational cable soldered to the board.
- Together with the small filtering cap (we use 0805) of almost any value (10..220nF probably best) soldered at the connection near the AD597AR chip (bottom of the board, at the place where the K-compensational cable meets the board).
- K-compensational cable attached as a flying loom out through the end plate (rubber grommet).
- K-connector is the rectangular miniature (common), female on flying loom and a separate male connector for later mounting on thermocouple cable end.
Installation help provided by MembersPage/MattiasSandgren