Assembling the Ver.3.2 GenBoard...
Q:: did i forgot some parts can't find the problem messured 12v, and 5v on HALL sensor supply, sp2 nessured 12v on 2 pins i think i need to solder more parts but have no clue wich should be added.
- I recommend to solder the flyback wire to the middle of the flyback trace (so 4 diodes are on one side, and 4 on the other). This results in less heat on the flyback trace (25%) when max 8*1A flyback current flows at a low-impedance setup. For highz it doesn't matter.
- make sure the TO220 switches (FETs, IGBTs) do not break off due to vibration. The GenBoard/VerThree/CaseAndMounting is more durable considering bibrations.
- make sure the IGBTs don't contact each other.
fitted the board in to a alubox and fitted separate connectors for:
LCD - DB9
PS/2 - keyboard
audio jack - serial communication
Neutrix 4 pole - WBO2
Neutrix 2 pole - EGT
Need to fit Chinch connector for Knock coax cable
Need to fit Din 4-5 pole for 3 step steppermotor.[closed,1,2,3 staged open]
Its working soldered a variable resistor between pin 1 and 3 at the LCD didn't know its that important and thought soldering them as the final touch :) thx...
Made the ps2 connection all LED's on the keyboard lightning up on powerup so asume these work aswell. Now starting to check the board with MenuHardwareDebug?.
I'm trying to get the LCD working checked the wiring its ok
I'm using a old pc IDE cable even got about 5volts on the nr connection but the lCD isn't showing any sign of live
- the LCD is enabled by default
- the board is tested OK with my own LCD
- the LCD display itself is not tested by me, but it comes tested from the distributor and very unlikely to be faulty
- as you didn't talk about squares (that appear when the LCD gets supply and the contrast setting is OK), you either didn't get the GND and 5V right or ( more likely ) you didn't connect contrast. The proper way is to apply a (say 2k7) variable resistor and tune to max contrast, but most often a 270 Ohm to GND is just perfect. (besides the 270 Ohm to GND, also connect a 2k7 to +5V or -8V if the 270 Ohm to GND is not enough by itself).
using the following pins and lcd connection
LCD 1 - 13 - 11 - 6 - 2
genB_LCD X - 2 - 4 - 6 - 8 - 10
genB_LCD X - 1 - 3 - 5 - 7 - 9
LCD 4 - 14 - 12 - 5 - - [blank] => X not used
I'm not going to match this table to GenBoard/BuildProcedures/LCDconnect
Its ALIVE (resoldered the LED to misc position )
my RS232 cable as good as i could and got a Blinkping and DATA connection YEAHHH :) So now further to step 2:
- Testing mdh..
- Connecting the sensors
- Testing sensor inputs for functioning
- uploading firmware via BootLoader to the processor
- More testing
After reading and reading the site,things are going alot better'
evry thing is fragmentated but hopping from item to item will get me there :).
1) Injection 3 HighZ injectors so need to solder 3 FET's and 3 smb diodes from the resquekit with the stripes facing eachother then soldring the 3 FET's.
Well do that tommorow..
2) Well did the soldering today almost finished...
Power: F1 Big black thing in.
C72 1uF; D45 KE 22A C101;
temp: R9 and R10 2,49K
HALL: R55 10 k + SJ2
Ignition: IGBT 3x Q3,Q6,Q9
Injection: FET's 3x Q1,Q2,Q5 and 3diode's Mo 016LV HighZ setup; and Flyback wire
EGT: C44 271ohm; SJ9 and AD597
Knock: C17 10nf
WBO²: Q18 FET.
Stepper: D45 (done with power) and SN754410NE. No need for the 8 flyback diode when SN754410NE is used (it has them internally).There is not even place for them since v3.2.
Hmm, powered the board up but no response, found that the V+ to the stepper was blocked through D$5 diode removed this and fitted a wire bridge on 2 places ie F1 and the bridge to the stepper driver. Also got 5v on the HALL sensor output connection,
still LCD not working as the Blinkping.
Stepperdriver: Soldered C76 and C75
Power: removed D45 replaced with 2 wires.
I don't fully get the current state of your setup. I added some notes to GenBoard/VerThree/Testing (best to have RS232 working first).
LED doesnt blink because it's in the wrong position: mounted at CL instead of MISC
Main Build handout just follow this:
- Pinout FET's GenBoard/Manual/InitialTesting/VerThree
- resistor values: KinderGarden/Components
- Injectors Flyback schema: GenBoard/Manual/DDFlyback
- Rescuekit easy for identifing GenBoard/VerThree/RescueKit (eg. capacitors values)
Duplication of GenBoard/Manual/InitialTesting/VerThree
- Big electric drawing printout png (png is unsearchable, unlike pdf)
- Parts identifing list: http://www.vems.hu/files/genboardv3/megasquirtavr.pnp
- Top parts positioning:http://www.vems.hu/vems.hu/files/genboardv3/v32top_r244.pdf
- Bottum Parts positioning:http://www.vems.hu/vems.hu/files/genboardv3/v32_botchips.pdf