Part of MembersPage/DTechnologies/Hayabusa project
Interface the VEMS with the Hayabusa gear position sensor
This part of the project isn't super urgent because it's not something that's required to make the bike go...but I'm going to take the time to start brainstorming it on this page...any input is welcome.
- The Goal: To interface the VEMS with the OEM gear position sensor already in the bike. This information then could then be used in various ways. Some ideas include:
- Gear dependant boost control (different boost in different gears) Why don't you use wheel speed sensor for that? Vems can calculate which gear is used based on wheel speed and RPM.
- Seperate rev limiter for neutral
- Different shift points for different gear transitions
- Water injection (more water in lower gears where intercooler is less effective).
- The sensor is fairly simple. It's basically a 7 position switch (6 gears + neutral) with a 2 wire interface. The resistance across the 2 wires in each position is distinct.
TODO: Get resistance values from service manual and post them here.