TVR Cerbera fitted with AMG M113.980 v8 engine 5500cc.
ECU: VEMS 3.6. Firmware 1.1.96
- MAP: vems internal sensor.
- IAT: as sold on vems website.
- Coolant: bosch
- TPS: nissan
- Lambda: 1x bosch wideband
- Trigger: Bosch VR part number 0241210171
- no shield on wire. using original engine loom.
- ECU was configured factory sectrig=VR
- home-conversion to sectrig=HALL was attempted, but NOT GOOD YET
- measured 0.37 volts on EC36/17 HALL input when nothing connected
- that is too low ! Should be 3.7V or higher (min 3.0V, realy !) at EC36/13 (or the CPU side of SJ7)
- REMOVE THE WIRE EC36/13 to the board, that goes to the 10k before LM1815/pin3
- see the v3.6 sectrig=HALL on GenBoard/Manual/InputTriggerHardWare (v3.6 == v3.7)
Bosch Hall HA-P2 part number 0232103111, no shield on wire.
Sectrig working well after following above page.
-8 x coils direct drive from ECU
Bosch twin single fire coil 2x1 part number 0221503035
2k ohm in plug leads.
all on seperate channels from ecu
-8 x Standard Bosch for this engine
high impedence 13ohms.
all on seperate channels from ecu.
-Fuel pump relay
-cooling fan relay
-IAC Bosch double solinoid. running on stepper outputs.
Crank trigger 60-2.
Missing tooth at 65 deg btdc.
Firing order 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8
Binary code for knock based on firing order: 10110100 (that is 0xb4 , or decimal: 180 ), but if your ignout array does not start with the ignout for cyl1, that needs to be bitwise rotated before using as knock_chan value.
- note: if you publish vemscfg or vemslog, we can help, but even the vemscfg (h=... line) or vemslog is not enough to surely tell that, unless the real cylinder numbering - available in new VT for 1.2.x fw - is filled out properly. Just in case, specify ignout - cyl mapping here:
- cyl1 EC36/..
- cyl5 EC36/..
- ...should be on cfg file.
- I have now done over 10000km with this cfg on the road!
- overrun fuel cut software can cause odd issues so have disabled. Not to worried about that though.
- Cranking seems to take a while before it actually starts. looking at trigger log file (also on the link) you can see both triggers but fuel/ignition takes a while to cut in?
TODO: Knock settings. Runing 2 bosch twin wire sensors. no shield on cable to GND. one wire from each goes to EC18/1 and EC18/2 and both are grounded to EC18/17. is this ok?
main problem is software settings, what do i put for (knock chan)? no help menu on vems tune for this. all other input values make sence. many thanks.
Contact: chris atbutnossppam kendallengineering.com