After mastering(well close) the V2.2 Genboard I have upgraded to the V3.1. The truck is now running quiet well using V3.1. Below is a picture of my beater:
My combination is as follows:
Chevrolet 408 cid V8
- Six inch rod engine
- Dart Pro 1, 230cc intake, 72cc chamber, 2.08/1.60 valves
- Summit Cams - 230in/ex duration at .050, 114 lsa, 480in/ex lift
- Edelbrock Proflo MP EFI system:
- 1000 cfm air valve
- upgraded to 50 lb/injectors(high Z)
- pwm idle valve: This is a fairly large GM idle valve. I have not done any research on this yet. I plan on trying to get it tuned after the engine is running so I have been focusing on everything else first.
- GM MAT and CT sensors
- WB O2 in drivers side header
- Hall Effect Mallory Distributor. This distributor has a slotted shutter(or toothed whichever term you prefer) wheel with 8 teeth(one per ignition event) that pass through a Hall Effect sensor. It has an uneven width tooth for #1 used by the edelbrock system for sequential injection. The #1 tooth was more narrow than the others so the ECU could determine injector sequence. Problem is it did not work well as documented by several tuners. I am using the rising edge which is constant and sequential injection. See MembersPage/ChrisGerhardt/ChrisNotes for more details on this.
- I am using the existing ingition amp. The amp is wired with Signal(DB37 pin12), VCC, GND, and a 270ohm resistor between VCC and Signal. After some searching I found that this is a typical GM module that Edelbrock packaged "nicely" in Edlebrock case. The module fires on falling edge and does not control dwell time. I am using MSAVR for that.
- 76 mm Garrett Turbo - 50mm Wastegate, Turbo XS 35mm BOV, non intercooled (for now) I plan to add a couple injectors for water after everything is up and running. They will be driven by Genboard.
- TH350 Automatic - Art Carr 3500 RPM 10 inch convertor
- Ford 9 inch rear - Narrowed, Moser spool and 33 spline axles, 3.50 M/W gears
I will also try to keep some notes on how things go and the most recent emails I am working through on the MembersPage/ChrisGerhardt/ChrisNotes page.
My current config, tables, my_make can be found here: http://www.vems.hu/files/ChrisGerhardt/etc_chris_config_r006.zip