Adapting VEMS 3.2 ecu to turbocharged 2.5 liter BMW inline 6 'M20B25' engine which is standard ie. without internal mechanical modifications.
Adapting VEMS 3.3 ecu to Peugeot XU series 16 valve naturally aspirated engines.
Adapting VEMS 3.2 ecu to the Toyota 3S-GTE 16 valve turbocharged engine.
MembersPage/BengtR/Fuelling with big injector
(2015-05-24 18:19:53) (history) MembersPage/BengtR . . . . 91-157-187-135.elisa-laajakaista.fi [Couple of previous projects added]
Injector pulsewidth is calculated with 4 usec resolution (25 times better than some other ECUs that still run - although not well with the biggest injectors). Making the resolution finer would yield none.
However, for big injectors the GenBoard/Manual/Config/InjectorOpening can be tuned. Generally,
- some starting value is used
- if the VE table does not change much at the lowest (20 kPa) bin, it's usually left that way
- it's a good idea to test if the engine gets leaner with low VBATT
- usually with battfac=500usec it gets slightly richer with low VBATT
- you can almost be sure that with battfac=600usec it gets richer with low VBATT
- usually with battfac=400usec it gets slightly leaner with low VBATT (NOT good: if the alternator belt is snapped, you risk your engine)