I use VEMS V3.6 on my dragcar powered by a cbr1100xx engine. Until now the engine was running on four carburetors plus nitrous and the performance was very good (8.7sec@402m). I turned to fuel injection and VEMS in order to use all the extra racing features (like launch control, shift cut, etc) and be able to have a more precise engine control.
IMPORTANT NOTE: USE MAP SENSOR FOR ENGINE LOAD AND TPS FOR ACCELERATION ENRICHMENT. EVEN WITH 4 THROTTLE BODIES INDUCTION SYSTEMS (ONE THROTTLE BODY PER CYLINDER) AVOID USING TPS FOR ENGINE LOAD.
Firing sequence: 1,3,4,2
Ignition outputs (wasted spark/2 coils):
Other outputs in use:
fuel pump relay EC36-pin15
NO idle air valve because injection bodies have special air valves for idle controled by water temp (almost all injection CBR engines).
Shifter relay EC36-pin4
TPS original pinout (EC36-pin1/29/AN.GND)
CLT IN original pinout (EC36-pin14)
Prim. Trigger original pinout (EC36-pin27/AN. GND/ Shield)
MAP Sensor original input (EC18-pin6)
No other inputs/outputs are used.
In the past (1.0.73 firmware) I was using MegaTune software with no problem.
answer this questions please
I configured the ecu myself from the start and it was almost as easy as any other ecu I have used until now. I have not saved the config file (my fault).
I used also the VemsTune0.10.20(2010.03.08) and the firmware uploaded on VEMS V3.6 is 1.0.73.
- that is good. Stick with 1.0.x because the 12-3 pattern is supported only by 1.0.x firmware. (1.1.x works with N-1 or N-2 but not with N-3 !)
I use the original trigger wheel and VR sensor of the cbr1100xx with no problem. The cbr1100xx (carburated model) uses a 9teeth trigger wheel with one big missing tooth (later injection model had a 12teeth trigger wheel with no missing teeth).
It's a 12-3 pattern (toothwidth=30 degrees).
Unfortunately this is not supported with 1.1.x firmware, you can only use N-2 or N-1 pattern as set in the primary trigger options. You might need to use 1.0.x firmware for now with this pattern.
The following Trigger Setting were tested as long as I use the Megatune and were proven to work fine with 1.0.x firmware.
Now I use Firm 1.0.73 and everything works fine. Engine fires up and is tuned easy.
I have uploaded my working config in the files area.
- plan to change to N-1 or N-2 trigger wheel (which one would you recomend?)
- 12-2 recommended, as 12-1 sometimes sees so quick RPM changes during cranking that "advanced filter" must be used and adjusted. Otherwise 24-1, 36-1 or 60-2 are common (and good) setups.
- note: 4-1 is the simplest trigger for a 4cyl.
- I will try to move on a newer firmware.
- See the latest released on GenBoard/UnderDevelopment/FirmwareChanges (currently 1.1.70). Don't attempt it without following the instructions! Config MUST be uploaded after upgrade.
- please postpone this if possible. There are much more settings in 1.1.x and there is little to gain.
I use the original honda MAP sensor thta is attached on the throttle bodies. To adjust the sensor range in VemsTune set
Coolant temperature sensor
ECU is not responding on coolant bins/firm 1.0.73 because the internal pullup (2k7) is ment for appr 2000 .. 2252 .. 3000 Ohm sensor, not a low resistance sensor like the CBR1100 has:
Stock Water Temp Sensor (CBR1100XX)
25/440 Surprisingly low resistance. Appr 19.5% of standard 2252 ohm.
Thanx for the precise specification in your query (3..4 points are usually OK with NTC sensor; the 25C point helps a LOT. Thanx!)
- A 656 Ohm (650 ohm should be perfect) pullup resistor (in parallel with the onboard 2700 Ohm)
- gives effective 528 Ohm (which is 19.5% of the default 2700 Ohm).
- That gives same curve as the standard sensor and standard pullup.