1991 Audi 100 (2.3L/5cyl 2 valve NF engine.) originally with KE Jetronic (weird, many older engines had proper fuel injections; this might be the last KE-Jetronic engine built)
- fuel rail fabricated
- will be kept NA (normally aspirated). 139 Hp ? Smooth and clean running and fuel economy is main target (not power)
- factory compression ? Around 9.6 ?
- KE jetronic => replaced with VEMS (speed density setup, 115 kPa MAP sensor)
- owner planned to "alien-log" the factory ignition advance table. However, there is almost certainly no value in that table. Should not be big deal to make a better igntune (for RON95 fuel). Probably the orig is tuned for pessimistic lower RON fuel
- ditributer kept for now
- either 35pin factory connector kept, and VEMS made with frontplate for that connector '''NOT feasible, because one connector is for ign, other for fuel, better cut off...'
- => wires cut and EC36 + EC18 connector crimped the way to go
- new harness branch: 12V + 4 wires from EC18: for LSU4 wideband sensor
- there are a couple of extra wires, eg to the air filter (originally flap type air-mass / air flow sensor; not needed)
If tuned in August, might need some tune adjustment in the winter.
- MAT ?
- WBO2 will be added
- knock ? Does the block have provision for 2 bolts ?
compressor is in, but was not operated for some time. Needs gas, most likely (or was it washed and changed to R134A ? dunno)
- primtrig: 5 window HALL (on camshaft, in distributer)
- sectrig: HALL (not used for now)
Factory harness schematics:
Most appropriate is apparently [Audi100 90.pdf p4]
injector Bosch 280 150 716 (donation from some BMW)
We do not know exact fuel pressure, the regulator is from some 6cyl Opel, we assume 3.5 bar (squareroot rule => sqrt(3.5/3)=1.08 so 8% fuel difference from 3 bar)
recommended cranking pw at 20C = 10 msec ?
- Or req_fuel for VE=100 or VE=200 ?
[this page] suggests 134 cc/min 96.43 gram/min
- 21 msec ... enough for appr 6000, and since VE drops, enough for redline (6500 RPM on this engine)
- prolly 15 .. 18 msec (at 100kPa) when warm, and 20..24msec at 25C coolant.
VE <0.9 (prolly 0.7) even at max torque, since this is a 2 valve head.
460 cc / cyl, 34mg fuel, 500 mg air 552 mg if VE=1.0
5 injectors enough for 139 Hp ? 100 kW ?
- 12.75 lbs / hour
- so 130 .. 140 Hp with 5 injectors, depending on efficiency (0.45 .. 0.5 lbs / Hp / h usually). Prolly limiting to 6000 RPM or 6100 RPM, this is not a racecar.
- cyl1 inj-A EC36/7
- cyl2 inj-B EC36/19
- cyl4 inj-C EC36/8
- cyl5 inj-D EC36/20
- cyl3 inj-E EC36/9
Currently no idle valve connected.
35 pin Pinout
- 1 white-grey ICU5
- 2 brown-white AFP/2
- 3 black-red CLT NTC/2 temp sensor (coolant out from cyl head)
- 4 red-yellow KJET pressure control
- 5 red-white KJET pressure control
- 6 blue-green EGR TEMP sensor (?)
- 7 ...
- 14 black-green Fuse 26 node15, ECU 12V ?
- 18 GND
- 30 => ICU .... HALL signal
- 35 brown-red GND