There is a problem with the PID config of the boostcontrol.
The main prob is that I know nothing about PID config & tuning... :)
Look for "pid" on SiteIndex. IAC might be a better playground to learn pid basics first (with less risks).
I have the settings from somebody's config, I don't know if it worked for him or not.
boost_pid_kp=20 (I'd try 40) boost_pid_ki=80 (I'd leave it at 80 first) boost_pid_kd=01 (I'd try 10) boost_pid_ilimit=FF (I'd try 30)
The [b] table set to 1.0 bar boost, the [t] table is set to 100%. (at least now)
I've got VERY big and long overshoot. The boost rising to 1.3-1.4 bar, and slowly (about 1-1.5 sec) fall back to 1.0 bar, and stays there. I'm not asking you to give me the correct values (it's impossible, I know), I'd like to know what parameter should I change to reduce overshoot.
- decrease I-term, which is the multiple (boost_pid_ki * boost_pid_ilimit). Preferrably decrease the boost_pid_ilimit first, unless you think the integral change is already too fast.
- increase P-term
- increase D-term (it was crazy-low, almost 0)
The boost-PID tuning is a dangerous sport :)