Q: I'm following MembersPage/PhatBob/UserGuide and I've connected and powered up the board to the computer.
- the keyboard/lcd works
- I can work the menus in terminal, say "Man" in TerminalProgram or in the mini-terminal in MegaTune, but when I try to test the connection through Communication Settings it says "No Response!". The settings are as in the userguide.
before trying megaTune
- right after reboot (after powerup, default is binary megatune communication mode)
- tried: no success
- if you can use the menu commands, it's in "Man" mode in which you will NOT be able to connect for normal MegaTune logging / tuning. Try "bye" (again), maybe you need to close the terminal window, etc...did you say "bye" in TerminalProgram (or terminal window) and received "Bye" from the ECM ?
- tried. But: was the "Bye" answer visible ? - Yes it was.
- MegaTune, firmware version ?
- firmware version is 1.0.13
- mdv : "2005. júl. 5., kedd, 21.13.00 CEST"
- mdV: "1.0.13"
Solution: These are incompatible. Either
- find an old MegaTune release matching your firmware (unsupported. the shipped firmware is ment for testing )
- or upgrade firmware. The firmware bundled with the MegaTune is often a good bet (but read GenBoard/UnderDevelopment/FirmwareChanges anyway).
- Try another serial cable?
- Does NOT seem to be a problem in your case
- Another computer?
- this can work, if the other computer has a MegaTune installed that is compatible with your firmware ;-)
- MegaTune install location:
- nope, MegaTune is not picky on the install location. This allows you to have several versions installed (eg. always have one -operational- for each install, eg. your customer's cars too)