I have set up this project page for the issue I have with no injectors or coils firing, after having the ecu repaired (Chip replaced) for pegged exhaust temp @ 1200 deg.
also a trigger log done after I received the ecu back when I was investigating the no start issue.
the care is a 3B engine (harness) using an ANN ecu. pins have been swapped in the motronic55 female connector. car was running as you can see from the log I uploaded.
Thanx Alex for the proper report with files. We could reproduce, and indeed: with c270 trigger (confirmed by triggerlog), but RPM=0. Shame, but I couldn't spot the config problem (maybe it's a previously unknown deficiency in 1.1.96 ? We'll let you know if we find). But upgraded to 1.2.23 and works like a charm (fired injectors, and 1 ign).
- New VemsTune
- Preferences / update ini files manually
- Tools / web tool, 1.2.23 fw
- Tools / Firmware update (I used the old, not the wizard, since uploaded full config anyway) :
- [config file] ( I config uploaded with "Advanced" to both tables, but disabled table swithching explicitely (I usually do that).
- next to it is a short vemslog file captured with a test ECU, with trigger played on bench
- I adjusted CLT ignadjust=0 in each cell
- I lowered TPS accel enrichment a bit, might need a bit more tuning. Although much quicker (25msec, not 100msec as previously), automatic conversion is not possible, minor retune won't hurt
- note that the IGN based IAC is rather agressive window (16/14 deg)...
- Although a strobe verification (for 1 tooth difference) would never hurt, should get you started (camhall inversion didn't happen, so 360 deg (ignout + triggertooth) shift should not be needed).
AAN ECU serial number is 1450 :
- NO camhall inverter
- CEL not connected (to motronic55/pin22)
- wheelspeed not connected
- repair 2014-03-21
- upgraded to uhex bootloader
- 2nd knock fixed
- mcp3208 replaced
- PTC MAT
- although no MAT error seen during testing, MAT wire was replaced
- heater1, injector and IGBT outputs tested with 22Watt lightbulb (not just LEDs)
firmware 1.1.95 although 1.1.96 was installed when I received it back. I think I changed it to 1.1.96 just before I removed it to send away.
- perhaps his new board has camhall invert and old board did not ?
- RPM reading would be fine with inverted camHALL, just ign firing 360 degrees off. (but in the new logs, RPM=0 all the time)
- Dave Brul: I do not see any showstoppers in triggerlog or config, other than secondary pulse being very close to primary pulse
EGT K-thermo tip broken
- EGT readings lifts significantly when cranking is initiated (from 222 to 768)
- most likely cause, EGT tip grounded (broken probe)
Although this, in theory shouldn't damage the ADC597 chip (which was damaged earlier), who knows... In any case, a new K-thermocouple will be needed.
Before / After
Comparing config before/after (the ecu repair):
diff -U2 alex18_before_repair.vemscfg v3.3_u001450-A-2014.03.28-17.25.55_after_Repair.vemscfg
Suggests: Apparently some innocent calibration differences
(eg. nernst dc target was wrong before) but only max_prim_per_sec_count could effect triggering.
@@ -43,5 +43,5 @@ battfac=22 kpafac=D0 -kpaoffs=94 +kpaoffs=90 injocfuel=08 injrampup_battfac=FF ... -wbo2_nernstdc_target=80 -wbo2_pump_pw_zero=82 +wbo2_nernstdc_target=84 +wbo2_pump_pw_zero=67 wbo2_calibration=ED wbo2_heater_pid_kp=45 @@ -238,5 +238,5 @@ act_rpm_rpm=FF act_rpm_channel=FF -egt1_cal=4B +egt1_cal=49 als_tks_channel=FF boost_conf=69 @@ -299,7 +299,7 @@ bla_8=65 bla_8=65 -bla_8=65 -bla_8=65 -bla_8=65 +vvti_measure_tooth=00 +max_prim_per_sec_count=FF +sd_logging_mode=3F boost_pwm_max=FF boost_pwm_min=71 @@ -448,5 +448,5 @@ prohibit_config=00 prohibit_h=04 -prohibit_l=DF +prohibit_l=E0 config_switch=07 vtstorage=7F
Thanks for the analysis i will give the config with updated firmware a try tomorrow.
just for info the car is a 3b engine running 5 individual V8 coils. you might of guessed from the config.