This page contains very basic info about electronic components
Links would be helpful, the info is certainly out there, no need to duplicate.
SMD components are preferred to thruhole, because boards with SMD components are much more durable, and manufacturable with higher quality.
- for the small components, size 0805 is our favorite - easy to work with (much easier and faster than throughole) and relatively high density. (going to smaller 0603 components for some new - under construction - boards manufactured fully on picknplace machines).
- Capacitans Conversion Table
- 0,000 001 uF = 0,001 nF = 1 pF
- 0,000 01 uF = 0,01 nF = 10 pF
- 0,000 1 uF = 0,1 nF = 100 pF
- 0,001 uF = 1 nF = 1 000 pF
- 0,01 uF = 10 nF = 10 000 pF
- 0,1 uF = 100 nF = 100 000 pF
- 1 uF = 1 000 nF = 1 000 000 pF
- 10 uF = 10 000 nF = 10 000 000 pF
- 100 uF = 100 000 nF = 100 000 000 pF
Wattage for resistors and diodes
TO220 junction to environment is tipically 60K / Watt, which means that for 50C environment and 1W the junction will be 110C.
When a heatsink (say 10K/Watt) is applied, much higher power can be dissipated safely than without the heatsink (TODO: real example, look up junction to heatsink thermal conductivity).
- [try to find out what these circuits do] (not serious)