Here you can link your report issues with your Genboard V3, firmware, tuningprogram or hardware problems.
Make your report on your MembersPage, and place link in the relevant section (with a "title", so it can be remembered easily). If you dont know the section, put it under "Unknown".
In the report, include a short entry and description + URL to your page, where the page contains:
- .vemslog or .vemscfg is absolutely essential to reproduce
- Add .vemslog (or .vemscfg, but log is better)
- any report without these is useless (will need more data).
- a triggerlog and/or scopeshot is also needed if the problem is trigger related (scopeshot helps, but not always strictly needed) so the team can get a chance to reproduce and help to resolve the case
- Note that newer firmwares have new trigger-settings in config bits that were previously "don't care". Bad settings of these will simply prevent triggering, so carefully check after uploading an 1.0.x or 1.1.7x or older config to >1.1.8x firmware (or upto 4 trigger for recent >=1.2.36 .. 1.2.38 fw that supports controlling upto 4 camshafts)
- board version, serial Nr.
- firmware version
- VemsTune version
- intended config.txt (possibly commented)
- mcdmct.txt (captured output of Manmcdmct command.) This is the live config. Very important, since in a bad case it can be different from the intended config (if you used a global.h from a different firmware version; or there is a MegaTune configuration problem, etc...)
- description of the problem
- your investigation so far
- any ideas to proceed
The report, to be considered, must contain ALL necessary info. Without the necessary info, question-answer iterations are needed, so solution is delayed in the best case. If there is not enough info to reproduce, the report is neglected (especially if it contradicts experience). Re-post with the necessary info if you believe it holds.
1.2.36 VT bug:
- "rising" wheelspeed sensor edge option not present
- either rising or falling should work the same for wheelspeed
- fixed in 1.2.38 and up, or was just a VT ini typo and fixed retroactively ?
I'm running latest VemsTune 2014-05-09, with fw 1.2.27 in the ECU. When I change the trigger settings (just going from coil-type to missing tooth) the ECU disconnects and needs a power cycle for VemsTune to detect it again.
- yes, this is known to possibly happen (unless trigger settings are applied in certain order: AFAIK it does not show up if using the recommended configlet selection, or uploading full config).
- Annoying (even if coil-type => missing tooth is changed extremely rarely maybe 1 out of 20 devices installed in coiltype engine first then to missing tooth; as boards are shipped with missing tooth, and for such change reboot is required anyway. Not effecting normal operation). Thanx for the report. Believed to not happen from v3 fw 1.2.28
- I tried doing offline config modifications and uploading, it still had the same issue.
- Now running 1.2.11, and now online modification works.
- Looking forward to 1.2.28.
Android app connect = engine runs rough
Connecting VemsDisplay? Android app via bluetooth serial adapter to ECU causes engine to run rough/strange.
- ECU firmware 1.2.26
- VemsDisplay? app version 3.3
- AIM and triggerframe protocol
- Two test cases :
- Sony Experia Z works fine
- Samsung S4 runs rough
You can tell the engine starts misbehaving as soon as the app connects, long before values get displayed.
Some changes can help solve this:
- megatune protocol was finally disabled completely from 1.2.28 eliminating any chance of corruption (which is extremely unlikely - virtually impossible - to happen with the CRC-protected triggerframe protocol)
- many users using AIM only connect just one direction: ECU => RS232-BT adapter
- the BT-RS232 adapter has several modes and settings. We found that "ST,1" works better than "ST,255" (eg with latter, comm might become unstable after a few hundred km driving ; although not effecting ECU behavior) : it's possible to change relatively [easily], eg from TerminalProgram.
I have also issued with corrupt data when using Vems BT adaptor.
Please see here.
(fphil)(March. 16 2014) fw 1.2.22 - 23
Sensible discrepancy between the PW value from Vems and the PW calculated by VT ?
Hello Phil, could you please fire a bug or sharing report and link to sharing/bug report here providing insight into exactly where and when you see this discrepancy ? Thanks. - DB
Hello DB, I have just sent a VT report. I thought that everyone got the same issue and did not say more because this one is easy to check. Not the case apparently. - FPhil
Hello Phil, many issues depend on some exact combination of configuration and real-time variables which trigger it. When providing these in a matched set and pointing to the offending behavior it is much easier for us to review and trace.
Have reviewed your report and pinpointed some configuration error. Correcting this should solve the seen discrepancy. - Dave
(fphil)(Sept. 26 2013) fw 1.2.16 tested good so far
Yesterday, I tested good on the biturbo (Coil type trigger) fw 1.2.16 for a 20km run.
I went up to 6000rmp and 175 map without any misfires contrary to 1.2.15 2013-08-28
2013_03_24 Vemstune package downloads partially => incomplete (=> will not install... NSIS Error).
- while investigating, added "direct download link" to http://vems.hu/vt/ which method tolerates connection-resets
latest VEMSTUNE 7/30/12 has a bug. the left hand side column while viewing logs gets stuck and does not show the actual values when going over the log file.
please update and fix.
Press the Refresh button on VT Multigraph widgets (upper left corner of MultiGraph?, there are 2 arrow on the button)
Hardware: - usually wiring. These are normally answered even if you only use your MembersPage, but if you insist...
Config: please use your MembersPage where the full setup (engine, triggers, whatever related) is described
Analog input channels are displayed (eg. oil pressure / oil temp / fuel pressure) according to the Ax+B linear scaling, as configured in VemsTune. The nonlinear curve should be also functional in next release.
Vemsdisplay 2.1 - run but no menu on ICS, on 2.3.5 works.
Vemsdisplay 2.0 - fail to start on android 4.0, logcat says application not found gauge table in gaugegroups.db. Seems to compatibility problem, with 2.3.5 works fine.
Many FW versions including 1.2.x
Tachometer output is not accurate... this was an issue in past FW versions too (I believe I first noticed this in the 1.1.6x FW's).
Actual RPM is > then what is shown on the Tacho output from VEMS. It seems to be non linear as well... the lower the RPM the less error/delta between the two.
Please fix this... this is basic, basic functionality that needs to work.
1.1.98 onwards (1.2.00) - 2nd WBO2 calibration and free air/ O2 display. How to calibrate?. Sprocket
- answer is here (scroll down): http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=WideBand%2FConnector Cheers - Sascha
Somewhat is broken in 1.1.96 classical Auditrigger. Cranking before first sparks prolongs approximately twice more blank revolutions. I note that on two cars. and today downgraded last one to 1.1.95 - it clearly improves situation to common. GintsK?
Confirmed, 1.1.96 cranks much longer than 1.1.95 with the same config file. KeithJ?
Confirmed again, 1.1.96 takes noticeably longer time before starting compared to 1.1.95. Mattias S.
This is fixed in 1.1.99, but instead serial communications drops all the time. This makes tuning rather difficult. Everything is the same except for firmware version, switching back to 1.1.95 makes it work fine. KeithJ?
Something is still up with Auditrigger. Lots of misfires on 1.1.99+ for a config that works perfectly with 1.1.95. It acts like there is a rev limit way below the set point, and misfires really easily even at low RPMs.
1.1.95 now and running ok. However i see that the knock sensor features that were on 1.1.88 are now completely missing. Is there any options for knock sensing and updated settings that can make VEMS use the knock sensors adequately?
1.1.95 - No menu options for wheelspeed running latest nightly VT 7-12. Checked Firmware Parameters and it lists a 1 for PS2. I then downloaded both 'wheelspeed' & 'ps2' firmware to vems and neither of them showed a 0 for ps2.
1.1.94 - solved: use non-PS2 if wheelspeed is needed
- went from 1.1.88 to 1.1.94 as recommended and using vemstune 16/6/2011.
- Speed sensor feature is completely missing from my saved config and i am not allowed to see it from base menu.
- Likely you selected PS2 firmware that does not have wheelspeed sensing (the PS2 clock uses up the 1st wheelspeed input).
- Other users do not have this problem.
- yes, just Choose non-PS2 firmware
- actually, Sami reported that his noisy (mechanical reed-relay type audi transmission) wheelspeed sensor reading is not stable with 1.1.94 when input prells at 450 km/h period (he provided suitable triggerlog to see this) and in 1.1.95 we implemented a more advanced wheelspeed filtering that fixed that sick case: you can use 1.1.95 non-PS2 also.
THANKS> im going to go with 1.1.95 now. I thought i was supposed to use PS2 and not non-PS2(dont understand the difference). I would also appreciate if you could point out where to look for knock sensor settings for audi, as well as speed sensor settings for audi 5cyl engine. Thanks, Vasilis
- v3.1 #56 & #57, 1.1.70 I have a problem with new firmware on 3.1 board. It only works in limphome mode.
- using latest Vemstune (2010-03-08 and 2010-02-05). The problem is that after startup spark angle stays fixed on 10° all the time
- similar situation with stepper IAC valve. When I turn on the engine it goes in max closed position and stays there
- 3.1 boards are still supported. It's a bootloader problem. Was the bootloader upgraded (or atmega changed) on these boards ? This "limphome" protection was implemented by Andrey, ment for a batch of pirate boards (most in Bulgaria and Russia). If your board is "genuine" (even if old), contact through WebShop (so you can receive a new bootloader, or other solution). Write the original Order-ID or other details (date of purchase)
1.1.88 knock_chan setting of 168 resulted in an increase in spark advance. vemslog and additional data here: http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FMarcSwanson%2FFirmwareBugs
1.1.81 anytrim for boost do not work as expected. Boost target is boost dependant. Here is deeper description + real life and bench test .vemslog http://www.vemssupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,1490.0.html GintsK?
Thanks for the Error report, problem found and fixed in Fw 1.1.86
1.1.75 and up
Trying pure alpha-n without using map signal. It was believed an VE (TPS/RPM table) interpolation problem:
more info here:
Solution: Dynamic VE table in group
Dynamic VE table means automatically change the Y axis based on current config Speed-density or Alpha-N.
To use it in a group properly you have to select Edit Mode and add Super table or Super Table 3D instead of Table and Table 3D
Problem with sd logging in 1.1.85. The Rpm and map values logged corruptly with sd log, when normal VT log seems fine:
sd log file:
vemstune log file: