Page for wasted spark transformers.
VAG VW/Skoda Durable, logic level input (works with 5V through 510 Ohm)
- 032905106 (other-current productnr is 032905106B )
- there is a house-shaped grey (painted Aluminum) heatsink with 2 ignition drivers on the top of this coil.
- 4 pin connector is same as found on [this harness] but 4pin SSC can also be used in emergency (if you don't mind it get stuck ;-)
- 99e plus VAT in Germany
- available from Beru, bosch, febi, hella...
- 1stvwparts.com Electrical - Ignition system - Ignition coil IGNITION COIL, Golf, GTI, R32, 2.0L 1999 - 2001
We ruined one of the 2 drivers in a coilpack by applying bad pinout (as it turned out later, gnd to an input, and +12V to gnd, ouch). So take care. Verify in autodata or other sources if possible
Than Sami found the pin in some autodata application (maybe Golf, GTI, R32, 2.0L 1999 - 2001 ?) which turned out to work:
- 15A fuse recommended
- pin1 and pin3 are logiclevel inputs.
- Always make a "spark-gap" (eg. with wires: small alligator-clips work well) on both output-pairs when testing these.
- the output pair-matching is obvious from the molding
- voltage,dwell => current consumption curve (inductance): unknown
We found matching connector housing, although a bit expensive (will look for a better price >100 pieces). In the meantime, we don't have the source for the transformer any longer.
4 pin, 5mm pad-pad (yes, smaller than the more common 6mm design applied for JPT) apparently Junior Power Timer.
Tyco had no idea about it.
- 1,4 is apparently for transformer cyl1,4
- 2,3 is apparently for transformer cyl2,3
Beware that 3 and 4 are connected, so they must be supply:
- 1: switched power-dwell input for cyl1,4
- 2: switched power-dwell input for cyl2,3
- 3: +supply
- 4: +supply
Bosch data sheets
3x2 coil : 0 221 503 002
2x2 coil : 0 221 503 407
The Webshop does not sell a connector housing for the 3X2 coil.
I found that the Bosch part number 1287013900 works for this coil.