== GoBox Abstract ==
Eventually we may want to measure, contain and control small amounts of energy in harmonic Mechanical, Chemical and Electrodynamic Energy Storage and conversion media. This may include but is not limited to: Superconductive Generators and Motors , Electrolysis, Injectors, Misters, Ultrasound, Plasma, IonSense, Voltammetry, thermodynamic electromagnetic acceleration, electric heat-pumps, ICE, etc.
It is clear to see that sometimes we may want to be able to make intelligent choices in sub microsecond, if not .
We have all the intention to also reach into all aspects of Electrodynamic Hybrid Drive and Brake Energy reclaiming.
The by GenBoard-Developers Suggested Serial (eventually optical?) Interface is a brilliant way to do distributed compatible systems out of Open source Generic Components.
Of course the GoBox can have a multitude of other interesting applications, such as .
==== GoBox Detailed Specification of Technical Features and Capabilities ====
Look at GoBox/ComponentList for further details on the chosen implementation.
Find Libraries, Schematics and PCB data at GoBox/SchematicPCB (soon to be released)
Logic Module (LM) Features:
- FPGA EP1C6 in 240PIN PQFP(GoBox/FPGA)
- Serial Configuration EEPROM [EPCS1/4] 1 MB for FPGA only up to 4MBit=512k if internal CPU requires Program Memory
- Memory (Type: SRAM or SDRAM) which type will depend largely on availability. Preferably we choose a device that has compatible footprints through 64-256MBit chip with 8 or 16 Bit data Path. This is mostly interesting for the time when we are using a Microcontroller or Soft CPU core. A microcontroller could access the memory through the FPGA which would act as a sophisticated Memory Controller. If we use an internal CPU we would then consider downloading the program from the serial configuration chip to the plentiful DRAM.
- Basic ADC using constant current charged Capacitor Ramps and Comparators can be automatically calibrated using Reference Voltages. FPGA allows to also read Noise Ranges if the comparator flips more than once. To be evaluated is if it is advantageous to have the ramp run up and down scanning in both passes. Cost of every ADC Input is one Comparator and one FPGA input pin.
- Timers and PWM programmable inside FPGA (the FPGA also comes with two PLL so the base frequencies are programmable)
- CPU depending collaborator desires (probably LPC2119 Philips ARM GoBox/CPU) (optional is assembly using FPGA only - it can then contain a choice of Soft CPU Cores)(I just communicated with Doru the maintainer of the [pAVR] core he will help us and within his limited spare time even actively collaborate in our Project! The pAVR core would allow us to quickly emulate the GenBoard)
Power Module (PM) Features:
Modular FET Driver with Short Circuit Protection and Current/Voltage measurement/feedback
- Driving Interleaved PWM on electrolyzer plates (Current Range: 5-25A (each Output) ;Voltage: 12V )
- 4/8 Individually controllable Plate stacks (if there we sense a Short in one - the rest can continue)
- Electromagnetic Coil Driver for Ion Acceleration one each Plate Stack (is this onedirectional B field, or alternating? If alternating, are there 2 unipolar coils or one bipolar? (Could you please be more specific with this question) What current and voltage? Don't know either Hopefully we find out that either the same or the next stack in sequence can be the current reducer capacitor for the previous stack)
- Injector Drivers (identical to previously successful solutions)
- Turn on over Current detection using Transformer
- Losses over the supply line
- or hall sensors measuring magnetic flow in Transformer Air Gap
Plate Voltage DAC control (for Voltammetry : useful to deduct chemical makeup of Electrolysis Water)
Programmable Switching Power Supply Driver
- generating ~400V DC for IonSense
- generating HV for Ion Separators (GoBox/IonSeperators?)
- Generating HV for Capacitive Discharge High Energy Ignition (for use with High Water content)
- The preferred technology can possibly reutilize Color TV Flyback Transformers with its build in Capacitive Multipliers, Rectifiers etc.
- Exact Numeric Specification of High Voltages and Currents is still unknown.
The need to handle the reactive coils and higher voltages for IonSense and possibly also Plasma Spark designate this to be a separate component.
It will be collaboration and aiming at reusability of the IgnitionModule? with different ECU.
Question remains will it have its own processor or only minimal logic to transmit serially data and synchronization pulses.
Sensing Modules (SM) Features:
- Signal conditioning
- Programmable Analog Gain and Filters
- Hi Z Differential AD Converters (for Oxygen sensors etc)
- ADC for Current Measurement over Supply Cable Resistance
- Input protected ADC for Ion Sensing
- Manifold Absolute Pressure
- Throttle Position
- Temperatures (Water, Air, Exhaust etc.)
Standardized Module Interface:
- n line Direct Initially Unspecified IO
- m Data with p address RW, CS - Addressable IO (is SPI OK? GenBoard/VerThree has 2ch RS232, an SPI and a buffered parallel RW,CS bus used for LCD but can be used for a few other devices simultaneously with separate CS signals)
- q Analog Measure
- Power 3.3v, 5V, 12V