We're working on some firmware changes that allow VEMS v3.x => round data transfer.
Actually, standard round can also display AIM (with sufficient recent firmware), but the display-only is cheaper and has less cables.
- Uses the RS232 port. Disconnect round, while you're tweaking v3.x with megatune (v3 will stop sending AIM stream when it senses megatune is polling it)
Other functions not available on connector on the display-only HW (it is literally display-only)
Besides the obvious display functions, some other useful functions could be used:
- button (LCD page-change?)
- 2 power outputs with flyback (60V FETs), max 5A (2..3A max recommended)
- external gnd referenced analog output
- RPM (wheelspeed), and maybe other data from round => v3.x
- Shift light (easy?) and or Boost gauge added. Boost display could be a ring of LEDs on the outside of the gauge face, maybe yellow with red as an overboost warning?/ KevinBlack?